So..while others speak of their riding season ending?...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
mines just begining here in floriduh and i kicked it off with a 3 day tour of the inner sanctums of central and northwest central florida including lakes county, ocala interlocken and crosscreek a couple weekends ago...and since the temps were droppin down to the mid 40's/low 50's (only in the mornings/evenings) and my cortech pants were fitting kinda snug with the thermal liner installed?..i ran down to palm beach cycle gear and snagged a nice pair of "Overpants" that are waterproof/breathable with a removable thermal liner...specifically..Frank Thomas XT1 Aqua Pore Advanced riding pants..and thanks to the cool azz velcro waistband?..they fit great w/ liner in or out and have zipper knee vents and hard knee armour between the ballistic nylon outter shell and water-proof inner liner..normally $169 but i got'em on sale for $109 plus an extra 10% military discount..and like the pants so much i'm considering looking for and buying the jacket to match..as i believe the complete suit would work out great for long range over-the-road trips...and since so far the only thing i've ever done with Oren has been loading her up in my titan p/u to go too the mountains?..i realized that outside of an extremely well used 10 year old cortech tankbag?..i had a serious lack of luggage for in-state weekenders so?..i also bought a cortech tailpack for $89...lotsa storage area and the internal bungee system worked out great with Orens stock bungee spools..the tailpack fit and rode like it was made for the busa.

and now?..i need tires...again...which is start'in ta bug me out..cant seem to get more than 3K out of the sticky stuff..might need to go back to a harder compound more suited for ST'ing but that's another thread.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deals! You live in a nice area for some quiet rides. I am fort lauderdale beach. Takes a few hours of traffic to get to better ground. But I'm loving the nicer weather, today is a great example.
Ride safe

Nothing ending here in Southern Ohio. Gonna be 60 today!!:cheerleader: Cold ride home around 30 tonight, but we use our lined gear when it gets really cold! :thumbsup:

Have a great, safe ride today.

i ride year round here in iowa....if there isnt snow down. Also a lot more cautious as the sand and salt is still there after the snows.

OK Jinkster, your always throwing COLD WATER :rofl: (Pun intended) on the Northern Guys. So, I can't wait until you post those BEACH BUNNY RESTAURANT pictures, when we're up to our Buttkus's in SNOW :laugh:

YOU have a MEAN STREAK in Ya, SIR :thumbsup:

OK Jinkster, your always throwing COLD WATER :rofl: (Pun intended) on the Northern Guys. So, I can't wait until you post those BEACH BUNNY RESTAURANT pictures, when we're up to our Buttkus's in SNOW :laugh:

YOU have a MEAN STREAK in Ya, SIR :thumbsup:

noticed that hugh?..is it really that apparent?...well...at least i'm not as hard on my busa bretheren as i used to be on the FZ1 guys back when i had an FZ1. :laugh:

for instance... :whistle:

Yankees.jpg

jus a lil tidbit...food for thought...if you will... :poke: :rofl:

As one season ends, another one begins....

here it sorta stays the same...and it's a trade-off...ya'll get real cold..and we get reeeeal hot...so while SNOWmobils arent really an option down here in the not-so-fridgid south?..these are! :laugh:

it's a tough life but..somebodies gotta live it! :laugh: :whistle:

PS: BTW....cool artic cat (especially the engine)..but how many snowbunnys are waiting for you to pick them up on the corner of snow & drift? :poke: :rofl:

BTW...My lid is off to all of my fellow yank territory busa bretheren who still ride year round...i can appreciate your passion as i once spent a jersey winter with nothing but a Honda 750 FOUR SS

keyword? :

"ONCE"

then kissed the ground and thanked god i lived to see spring time...so stay safe folks...that black ice is a mo-fo! :banghead:

here it sorta stays the same...and it's a trade-off...ya'll get real cold..and we get reeeeal hot...so while SNOWmobils arent really an option down here in the not-so-fridgid south?..these are! :laugh:

it's a tough life but..somebodies gotta live it! :laugh: :whistle:

PS: BTW....cool artic cat (especially the engine)..but how many snowbunnys are waiting for you to pick them up on the corner of snow & drift? :poke: :rofl:

scantly clad ladies>ladies dressed in layers

Back