How to Wire New Tail Light?????

jboogey84

Registered
just got a smoked lens tailight for an GEN I Busa with the turn signals inside the tail light. Comes with a 3 prong harness that i pluged into the bikes harness but i got a YELLOW and a BLUE wire coming from the tail light and 2 pairs of black and blk/wht wires from the bike....
WHAT AND WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? HOW DO I WIRING THE REST?
i cant even find a wiring diagram :banghead:

The yellow and blue are probably + wires for the turn signals. The turn signals get their ground from the 3 prong harness. Figure out which color is left or right and wire it accordingly with the bike :beerchug: Just hit left or right turn signal and touch wires and solve the mystery :laugh:

I did that but im not sure what to do with the bike wires and light wires? Or how to match them up theres 2 pairs of blk & wht/blk wires from the bike and only the blue & yellow from the tail light

I did that but im not sure what to do with the bike wires and light wires? Or how to match them up theres 2 pairs of blk & wht/blk wires from the bike and only the blue & yellow from the tail light

the black/white wire on the pairs is your +. match that with your blue and yellow wires. Just leave the plain black wires alone, they arent needed as your tail light is getting its ground already from the ground wire on your 3 prong harness

still got nothing. I know which wires are the turn signals but i get weird reactions and sometimes my riding lights work and some time the high beam kicks on but it goes out when i hit the brake IM LOST

High beam kicks on?? ??? ??? ???
What kind of wiring have you got going on man....

Wish i could help in person, make it alot easier

So all you should have to do is connect the yellow and blue to the appropriate black and white wire and you should be good...

Your high beam just coming on is a bit concerning...

I TRIED EVERYTHING...Still nothing Wouldve been nice if these people just sent a wiring diagram in the box instead of a flyer

It should be easy... It is a 25 dollar tail light thought... you get what you pay for most of the time :laugh:

My undertail was 250 bucks brand new. They were discontinued years ago but i managed to get a damaged one. All i had to do was bondo the plastic. Paid 100 for the tail and repairing it and it looks awesome :thumbsup:

been down that road rubbing an expensive tire with a expensive undertail gets ...EXPENSIVE i bought the tiger tail now i just gotta figure this light out and how to install the thing

If they are dual intensity led's you may have to get resistors and wire your bike harness 2 into 1

I bought this same cheap light for my new to me Gen 1 and found the the 3-prong plug came wired wrong. After doing some testing with my test light, I found that IN MY LIGHT, the red and black wires were in the wrong spots on the harness coming from the light to match up with the harness feed from the bike. I simply pulled those two wires (there is a small clip that holds them in), plugged them in the correct locations on the harness and everything worked. The turn signals get their ground from the main ground in the 3-prong plug, so you will only need to use the hot lead from each factory turn signal lead to get the signals to function properly. I pulled the factory plug/harness off of the signal wire ends and used it since the signal wires came with the correct ends to slide in to it and you just need to make sure that it is in the correct slot then there isn't any splicing. The two black or one black and one black/white wire that come out of the bottom are to run the plate light. This needs to have power when the bike is on, so I hooked one wire to the black ground from the light's 3-prong plug and the other to the white wire which is listed as the running light wire from the light's 3-prong plug. This was not as simple as the plug and play that it was for my wife's FZ6R, but with a little bit of time AND some knowledge of wiring, etc you can get it to work. Hope that this helped some. Erik

Glad I could be of some assistance. I was ready to throw the d@mn thing in the garbage until I checked the harness that should have came wired properly to begin with. But, hey for $30 shipped from China I shouldn't have expected too much. Erik

Oh wow.. I got the CA sequencial and glad I did now because I didn't have that much of a headache! I'd lost my mind trying to figure that out..

hello - wired lcd light, blinkers work, emergency works, running light works, BUT, when pressing brake the light goes out instead of getting brighter....rechecked connections...brake light works on old light also an undertail light, but not lcd w/ blinker)

thanks for help - just got my custom Busa, 2005 with 400 miles.....will post pic in future...

Back