A 220mph cluster should I get it

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
I have the chance to get a 220mph cluster to replace stock, which is fine but odometer and speedo needle doesn't register. The mileage between stock and 220mph are almost exact. The only problem with the 220 is the left lower screw bracket is broken off. All other tabs and the right screw bracket are intact. What do you guys think?

Hmmm, get a broken POS cluster or keep the perfectly good stocker:poke:
Why? your bike run up around 220mph? or do you think it looks cool? :whistle:

Yea reading that sounds confusing. The stocker is the one that is doesn't register. The needle jumps on start but doesn't register speed. I'm sure it can be easily fixed but I can't figure it out. Plus, the 220 is a rare gem.

I have a properly functioning 220 cluster with like <4500 miles.... What is it worth to ya.... it's just sitting in the garage.

If the 220 works, do the swap. I thought you said it didnt work. It will not be off enough to matter a whole lot, but you can get a speed o healer and get it accurate.

If the 220 works, do the swap. I thought you said it didnt work. It will not be off enough to matter a whole lot, but you can get a speed o healer and get it accurate.

I just want a functional speedo BUT if I can find a 220 I'd prefer that. The speedo o healer will be a must. Busa's are just too fast to have an inaccurate speedo.

FYI, Scott's Blue Guages, www.welcometoblueguages.com
They can make the 220guages odometer read exactly what your old ones do. A good thing to have done if you ever want to sell the bike.
There reputation, quality, and service are excellent.

AWESOME, Thanks Sixpack! I'll be doing that. I wonder if they are good at swapping backgrounds? Anyone have anything new to add about bluegauges?

They can switch faceplates, and they sell several kinds themselves. They also offer many guage colors, not just blue. There's alot of threads on them here if you search, and you won't find a complaint. I had my guages done in blue, I had them back on my bike on the 4th day, their turnaround time is fast! Here's mine

011.jpg

Back