Need some help with a mess

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
My 95 Ranger POS made this over the summer. What you see in the picture is the concrete after removal of about 75 pounds of cat liter.

Now winter is coming, and the snow blower will pitch the remaining all over the snow covered grass.

Soooo, my question is: What can I use to get this mess up? It is transmission fluid that soaked through cat liter. Yep, I'm a lazy ***. Can you imagine putting a boot down on this mess while your on your bike?

I can't just poor gasoline on it and hope it runs in the right direction. Seems like some of you mentioned various products in the past.

BTW: All this fluid is coming from where the drive shaft goes into the transmission. Anyway to get this fixed without paying for a rebuilt tranny?

Thanks for your patience.

:stoopid:

WhatAMess.jpg

did you intend to post this in GENERAL BIKE RELATED TOPICS ? Kitty Litter can be used to soak up oil.

Last edited:
Try some more oil dry, and scuff it in with your foot. Also, some Dawn with a bristle brush will help. If all else fails, get some Muriatic acid!

Thanks for the suggestions! And, no, Kromdom, I didn't really mean for the post to go into General Bike Related Stuff.

Muriatic Acid (Hydrochloric Acid) seems like a fun idea. Too bad I don't have access to Nitric Acid. It would burst into flame and consume the stuff!

When you do get it cleaned up, put a large cookie sheet under the truck for later spills. Us old time Harley guys have been doing that for years! :laugh:

Smaller spills in my garage i use a can of spray degreaser.

You can try a rear seal in the tranny, usually a simple job, but if it is an automatic, if one seal is hard and leaking all the rest of the seals need replacing too (rebuild time). Just my .02..

Get yourself a case of brakleen, original tide washing detergent, purple power and a good brush, hit it with the brakleen for a few days then mix up the tide, purple power a bit of water and some brake cleaner into a thick paste and scrub the crap outta it...

Had a oil cooler line on my dmax crap the bed in the driveway of my rented condo back in the day:whistle: Needless to say 3 gallons of pitch black diesel oil made quite the mess, after about 3 hours of scrubbing she was better then new:beerchug:

When you do get it cleaned up, put a large cookie sheet under the truck for later spills. Us old time Harley guys have been doing that for years! :laugh:

Smaller spills in my garage i use a can of spray degreaser.

Figures....the Harley's need a drip pan.

All in fun Ace!
Posted via Mobile Device

oil dry if left on there for a while, will pull most of the oil out.

First: put a new seal in the tail shaft of the tranny, for cryin' out loud. Today, if possible.
Second: try the cat litter again, and grind it into the concrete with your feet while wearing lug-soled boots. It's pretty remarkable what the clay in cat litter can soak up when you grind it down.
Third: Do the Simple Green thing per above.
I'm all out of ideas otherwise.

CW

My 95 Ranger POS made this over the summer. What you see in the picture is the concrete after removal of about 75 pounds of cat liter.

Now winter is coming, and the snow blower will pitch the remaining all over the snow covered grass.

Soooo, my question is: What can I use to get this mess up? It is transmission fluid that soaked through cat liter. Yep, I'm a lazy ***. Can you imagine putting a boot down on this mess while your on your bike?

I can't just poor gasoline on it and hope it runs in the right direction. Seems like some of you mentioned various products in the past.

BTW: All this fluid is coming from where the drive shaft goes into the transmission. Anyway to get this fixed without paying for a rebuilt tranny?

Thanks for your patience.

:stoopid:

Go to Lowe's. They have an excellent concrete cleaner. First, get some kitty litter (fine granuals), poor it on and grind it in with your shoes. Sweep it away then use the concrete cleaner.

P.

Back