04 busa with a flattening out problem

SkootRRgirl

Registered
I have a friend who has an 04 busa who just rebuilt the engine and put the bike back together, he says when he hits the throttle it flattens out and then picks back up. he can't seem to figure out what is causing the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? blocked off air injection susuki from brocks- spider unit, is there anything other hoses that he needs to add or take off? Mind you he is explaining this over the phone to me so I have no idea what he is referring to. LOL PLEASE HELP!

A more accurate description of what was done to the bike, and a more accurate description of the problem would provide a better troubleshooting.

It could be that the map is no longer good for the bike, it could be something with hoses, it could be a clogged fuel filter. Devil is in the detail.

A more accurate description of what was done to the bike, and a more accurate description of the problem would provide a better troubleshooting.

It could be that the map is no longer good for the bike, it could be something with hoses, it could be a clogged fuel filter. Devil is in the detail.

Thank you the only thing I can tell you is he blew a rod bearing took the engine apart, put it back together and is now have this issue. Like I said before I only got the info over the phone. I will encourage him to sign on as a guest and maybe he can give a more detailed description of what went down ok. But thank you for the info.

That would be the best. Obviously, by the way you explained, the bike ran OK prior to the rebuild (aside from the rod bearing issue) - this is a good thing. So, it's very likely to be a silly small thing, but it may take a bit of patience to figure it out, and we might need some pictures from him along the way.

The bike needs the air/fuel checked out. Make sure all the sensors are hooked up correctly.

Back