Got Rid of the Bikes... Looking for Another

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Well... going through some rough times in life right now and decided to trade the 2 bikes I owned, including the new Busa, in for a sedan. Had some close calls on the road a month or so ago, and no longer was enjoying riding. Actually, was afraid to get on either bike--including the 250. Have never had any issues concerning fear while riding (or flying planes as the pilot) in the past.

Obviously, I made the wrong decision in trading the Busa. This weekend's withdrawals were the test--beautiful weekend, and all I could think about was riding.

That said... does anyone know how to go about finding a new in the crate, white, 2009 Busa? Once I'm through this personal crisis, it will be nice to have a bike like the one I traded.

Thanks,

Mike

It's not in the crate but the Suzuki place in my town has one on the showroom floor. I was down there this past week and was drooling over it.

Best of luck with getting your issues sorted out. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be another Busa for you when the time is right!

just got rid of my other bike.. really didn't want to, but UI could usethe money, but more importantly was I just dont ride it anymore, it would of been a fixture sitting in my garage.. next to my car that I haven't driven in 5 years.. but I was lucky enough to sell it back to the original owner, that was so greatful..
I painted this bike 5 years ago..

DSC08715.JPG

DSC08756.JPG

74madvette,
That old skool gixxer has always been one of my all time favorites!

Just curious why you would get rid of a white 09 for a car and now be looking for same bike right after ?
Why not just keep the bike and buy the car ?
Same thing isn't it ?

i would suggest waiting for the 2011. I dont think you will be sorry:0

Just curious why you would get rid of a white 09 for a car and now be looking for same bike right after ?
Why not just keep the bike and buy the car ?
Same thing isn't it ?

Without belaboring the details and going into psychoanalysis, personal circumstances that led to an overall dim outlook for the future resulted in the wrong decision to get rid of all my motorcycles. There wasn't anything wrong with either of the bikes I had, but the rider has some issues. :rofl:

There isn't another bike like the Busa, and I'd like one back in the garage. Time to get up, dust off, stop griping, and get back on where I left off.

Without belaboring the details and going into psychoanalysis, personal circumstances that led to an overall dim outlook for the future resulted in the wrong decision to get rid of all my motorcycles. There wasn't anything wrong with either of the bikes I had, but the rider has some issues. :rofl:

There isn't another bike like the Busa, and I'd like one back in the garage. Time to get up, dust off, stop griping, and get back on where I left off.

Sounds like you need to wait a few more months and not make another rash decision buying something you may not really want or psychologically can't handle right now. Sleep on it for a few months and see how LIFE plays out before you jump in financially again... :beerchug:

Sounds like you need to wait a few more months and not make another rash decision buying something you may not really want or psychologically can't handle right now. Sleep on it for a few months and see how LIFE plays out before you jump in financially again... :beerchug:

+100000 slow down and consider your thoughts. Don't make hasty decisions. Feel it out. I wish you the best!

I went thru a period that I got tired of moving 7 bikes around in the shop and always looking for the right part or trying to figure out which bike needed exercise and I sold them all. But in the end I bought a Busa and that was the best decision I have ever made.

There isn't another bike like the Busa

no doubt! once riding is in you- it never leaves... i've owned several bikes and always sold them thinking i was done with riding... i know better now!
i say shop around and when you find a killer deal- snatch it!

I'm 52 and just re-learning (after an elongated mid-life-crisis) that..

1. "Fear Based Decisions": NEVER seem to work out for me in the long run. (could wind up with no bike in the garage and reduced to driving a mini-cage..or worse.)

2. I finally understand why they call'em "CYCLES"...as throughout my life the desire to ride comes and goes and...

1 + 2 ='s...

3. Compulsively buying, selling or trading bikes is yet but just a few of the "Cycles" we can and do go through..and is often times spiritually, financially and emotionally painful as O.C.D. (Obsessive Cycle Disorder) is a terrible disease for one to suffer from.

I've had my '03 Silver/Gray GenI Oren Ishii for going on 6 years now...i bought her in mid '05 w/ a scant 1640 miles on the odo from an extremely scared original owner..it was his 1st street bike...he's a sheriffs deputy who made a safe, happy return to jetskis...and?..my intent with this hard earned wisdom is to keep, love and behold Oren Ishii for as long as we both can suffer each others companionship or?...i ride the wheels off her?...or?...we both die a glorious death together...whichever comes 1st.

But i'm happy to say that i've personally managed to keep my O.C.D. in remission for well over 5 years now and still going strong! :laugh:

and remember..."Recovery" is always possible..

good luck and L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill and others. I would say I'm OCD just yet, but certainly don't want to start that cycle. Like others, I have found that being on the bike (particularly on nice days) is a pleasurable experience. Only thing that tops the bike is being on a fast racehorse at wide-open clip. :-)

Mike

Watch "Apcalypto" (the first movie that's been out for a couple of years). The only way to deal with fear. Know firsthand - afraid of riding, etc.

I feel bad when I walk through the basement and there's no bike to peek at so I willnever let it happen again.plus the great feeling when riding is unbeatable. Hope you find a suitable replacement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys,

Found another new, white, 2009 Busa today for a price I can deal with. It will be in my garage this weekend, for about what I owed on the one traded recently. Never again will I part with a Busa, if I don't already have another one coming into my garage.

I foresee a nice, long, break-in ride this Sunday morning before church...

Back