Tipped Over!

Sannosuke

Registered
Gonna keep this short but.... my father-in-law tipped my bike over.

He was trying to get at the crap behind it and decided to take it upon himself to move it, thus the ensuing (hastily taken pic, sorry... I was in a panic!) result. I know he busted a nut in not letting it fall hard because other then the feeler busting off there is not visible scuffs (lever, crankcase cover etc) or cracks... so far!

Now, in picking it up I noticed several small droplets of antifreeze. I know the bike was on it's side for approx. 5/10 minutes so generally, would it be wise to drain the oil and top off the antifreeze. Also, any other trouble spots I should be looking out for?

... And no, I haven't had 'the talk' with him yet because just as I took the pic he scrambled out and took off.

Down!.JPG

My 08's had 3 kickstand crashes...I gotta do the kickstand mod. I've been lucky to get away with just scratches, and a busted long gone factory clutch lever.
You got off easy.

Never had a problem with the kick-stand, just when old Chinese guys try to take it upon themselves to move it.???

All the while he was stating (insert Chinese accent here!) "it's very heavy, it's very heavy" over and over.

I had so much adrenaline going it felt like I was lifting up a toy bike...

Adrenaline is a very powerful thing. haha glad it didnt mess up much for you. That would definately be a heart stopper to walk into a garage and see my baby just laying there helpless begging for me to come save her. haha

Sorry about the tip over. The battery is sealed. The liquid is probably antifreeze that dripped out of the overflow tube. No need to change the oil, just top off the antifreeze and it will be good to go.

I wouldnt really think it would be from the battery but if your curious take a look at it. It would put your mind at ease. But if it was from the battery im almost positive youd see more electrolyte under your seat and on the frame and such but if your suspicious id check it out just cause you wouldnt want to leave that on your bike at all and plus once you look youll know for sure. Good luck man

ouch...sorry to hear, and see. im suprised you took the picture. i wouldve just ran over in a panic and picked her up as fast as possible. (kinda like the less time on the ground, the less damage :laugh:)

I don't understand how u took the picture! Thenlast thing I would've thought of was to take a picture. I would've been trying to pick it up.

Ahhhh it's like a potato chip that fell on the ground.
Two second rule says it's still ok :)

Old Chinese man says : Yew orda one fallen busa wit tears ?

Sorry bout it but glad it's ok .

ouch...sorry to hear, and see. im suprised you took the picture. i wouldve just ran over in a panic and picked her up as fast as possible. (kinda like the less time on the ground, the less damage :laugh:)

Too funny! I was at the bike in a nano-second getting ready to lift it as I really didn't like at what I was looking at when the thought occurred to me "if it's damaged, the old guy might lie about to what degree it was on the ground, so...".

Just confirmed it was antifreeze and not battery juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back