A lil help here please?

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Gotta bud who trying to get his life back together..and stay happy enough to live...and he sorta aspires to me..wants to ride..to get happy..so?..under my approval?..he just bought a wrecked '05 gsxr1000...for?...$1,000.

Engine runs great..aftermarket sidewinder like pipe sounds awesome...tanks in great shape...but needs...tires and heres the biggy..

"PLASTICS"

all of'em...side fairings...ductail...nose....the works.

and the windscreen is just flat out mia.

any help on affordable plastics would be great..i'm trying to help him out with this.

T.I.A. and L8R, Bill. :cool:

I would tell him to join a gsxr 1000 forum. I'm sure there's one out there like hayabusa.org, but for GSX1000R's only. And they've gotta have a classified section, and possibly a pay it forward section like this one. He could probably find some OEM plastics for a good price, and be able to stay away from the eBay junk that probably will cost a fortune and still not fit!

Yup. That's what I'm doing, scouring Ebay for OEM parts and pieces. When everything is collected I'll have 'em painted.
It takes a lot of patience and perserverance I'm finding, but saves a lot of $$ in the end.
Or, you could get one of the Chinese made sets for $500-$600, cross your fingers and hope everything fits.

you can ebay an get the knockoffs but also you can call motoconnection in Opalocka FL. they deal with salvaged , wrecked and used bikes. Found this place and be going there ever since. They part out bikes you may find a deal on original plastics. Feel free to google them I can't post a link.

He should check out the forums on Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com. I was there for a while when I owned my GSX-R 600. There is a lot more of the "I'm better than you" mentality, but there is also a lot of great information there.

For the fairings, he can get OEM off of Ebay, knockoffs (auctmart fairings) off of Ebay, or he can turn it into a street fighter and roll it like that.

Get your tires from Cycle Gear, you can get a set of Q-2's for around 200 to 260 for a set. Try HondaEast our board sponsor for plastics. Hearing really good things and you cant beat their prices.

Let me check what I have at home. I have the rear tail sectiona and misc panels off a 05 1000

Back