(non) Group Buy on HEATED Clothing

AJAY

Registered
Cut to the chase: 20% discount on Warm & Safe electrically heated motorcycling clothing.

1) View the gear:
Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!
Not the slickest website, but they do give you a lot of info.

2) Register for the Warm & Safe website.
Login : Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!

3) Somewhere on the registration page you can select yourself as either a "Guest" (the default) or as a member of a motorcycling "Group". As a Group member, you are eligible for a 20% discount, which will save you a good bit over comparable gear like Gerbings.

******************​

The long story......I've been wanting heated riding gear for years, and am finally biting the bullet this year so I can get in at least a few rides without freezing my butt off.

I did a lot of research and finally decided on the Warm & Safe line of heated clothing: These folks get high marks on the touring, BMW, and adventure touring forums. It also appears that they make the product for the First Gear line of heated clothing, but I haven't confirmed this. What really kicked me over the edge towards W&S was that it is American made. Gerbings gear also gets great reviews, but has moved all their production to China. (@*%! China)

I contacted Warm & Safe to see if I could set up a Group Buy for the oRg (the email is copied below if you're interested).

This stuff is not cheap - just wait 'til my wife finds out! :laugh: I bought the "Gen 3" jacket liner and the top of the line "Carbon" heated touring gloves and a "portable" twol zone controller with belt pouch, which came to $400 shipped. The Gen 4 jacket added some nice features if you wear it alone, but not worth it to me as I want armor in my jacket.

Save some bucks: There is a sport version of the Carbon gloves that has less padding for better feel on the controls. If you want to hard-wire the controller onto your bike, you can also save another $30 bucks by going to the Close Outs page. There's a Tour Miser line that has a woman's heated jacket and controller for $180 (don't know if the discount applies) that looks like the TourMaster "Synergy" gear which is the cheapest heated clothing that I found on the web.

I haven't gotten my gear yet. Shipping has been slow compared to most web businesses nowadays. I'll post a review when the stuff comes in.

- Ride safe, AJ

******************​
Here are the emails....

You know we have a 20% off program for club members? You do not need to
order as a group. Just register and choose club in the drop down menu at
apply for group.

Thanks
Mike Coan
Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!
Warm & Safe Heated Gear LLC
Skype Name: gtsmike
AIM IM Name: warmnsafe
MSN IM Name: mike@warmnsafe.com
Yahoo IM Name: heattroller

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:56 AM
To: info@warmnsafe.com
Subject: group buy deal?

Hi folks,

I've been doing some research on heated clothing and ran across you from
various forums. I always thought Gerbing's was tops, but you got good marks
so I kept on reading. Finally, I read your "About Us" page and the part
about American designed and made vs. Chinese copies and that seals the deal
for me.

Well, that seals the deal for me, but it might also do it for some friends
of mine. Cutting to the chase, I'm a member of the Hayabusa.org family and
wonder if you would be interested in a "group buy"? This is usually some
discount if members agree to buy X number of units, with a cut-off period to
get in on the deal.

Honestly, the few dollars I might save won't mean that much to me - and I've
already made my choice anyway - but this might encourage a few of my web
family to buy some good gear and get more pleasure from their riding, plus
supporting an American company selling American made products.

Please let me know if you're interested and, if so, what terms you might
offer.

- Best regards, AJ

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Post a review in the review section there is a couple days or weeks here I wish I had heated gear

I'd like to know more. I just told my wife I wanted Tourmaster for Christmas, now I read that the controllor fails? What else do I not know about?

Just got my gear yesterday. Looks very well made, but I haven't had the chance to try it out. I almost tried the Tourmaster gear, but these worked out to be not too much more expensive and gets better marks on the forums.

For sporting, I'd suggest the sport gloves instead of the touring gloves. The touring gloves are heavily padded with insulation, but less than my old winter riding gloves. Doubt I'll need that for the one or two hour rides I have planned to shake out the cobwebs.

Biggest disappointment so far is that the jacket says made in Thailand and the gloves say Pakistan, so the garments are not American made. Both jacket and gloves have testing tags signed by someone with American handwriting. :). Maybe they buy the shells overseas and install wiring here. Who knows....

The gloves say Warm & Safe but also have a tag that says Porvair brand with a UK/English label. Google pulled up a bunch of patents and links to military items Look extremely well made with a "Porelle" liner that must be something like goretex. That and 3m thinsulate insulation. There are hard caps on the knuckles and wrist bone that look like real carbon fiber. The left glove has a rubber squeegee strip sewn into the thumb. Super soft leather.

Will post more after I hook it up to my bike and run it in the cold.

Last edited:
Don't wait too long this is my wife's present to me for Christmas and I'm debating...

Can you post link to forum (this one or any other) that discusses this brand vs. tourmaster that you used to make this decision?

Here are some links. From what I remember, tourmaster liners come out ok, but the controller fails. That should be ok, because they it's almost like you get the controller for free, so what if you have to replace it with a warm&safe controller later, right?

People seem to complain that their thumbs get cold with the tourmaster gloves. Everybody seems to like the gerbring g3 gloves and the warm&safe/first gear gloves, jackets, and pants.

Firstgear Carbon Heated Gloves - webBikeWorld

Heated Gloves: Gerbing vs Tourmaster vs Warm N' Safe? - ADVrider

Gerbing VS Tour Master heated clothing?? - GL1800Riders

FIRSTGEAR Product Reviews and Ratings - Electric Gear - FIRSTGEAR Warm & Safe 90 Watt Heated Motorcycle Jacket Liner from www.cyclegear.com

BTW, I don't mean to turn this into an advertising campaign for anybody's particular product. I just did my own research and came to the conclusion that Warn&Safe vs. Gerbing's is pretty much a wash, both excellent, and then found a good deal on W&S which I wanted to pass on to my Busa .oRg brothers and sisters.

A lot of people on the net are perfectly happy with the Tourmaster Synergy products. I think they are a great deal especially because they include the controller. Was planning to buy this myself, but didn't like the glove reviews. After I found the W&S deal and convinced myself that this is a long term investment.... Up until now, I've been using the same Harley Davidson gauntlet winter gloves for over 25 years!:laugh:

After reading your links, looks like i'm gonna stick with Tourmaster. If the troller goes, Warm and Safe has a fitting for their troller. Thank you for sharing your research!

Back