Down...and out!

busaintexas

Registered
45-50 mph crash. Lady driver pulled a very fast, surprise left-hand turn in front of me. I hit her car at the front door, sliding into the C-pillar. Thrown clear. Slid about 20-25 yards. 06 'busa totaled. Her car was also totaled by the insurance company (!). I have no broken bones, but my knee and hip are really messed up. Once every two days I go to the doctor for a new test and evaluation. The lady admitted guilt, and there was a witness. Her insurance company said they'd pay for everything. Nice, but I'm in quite a bit of pain...

I used the 'busa as my daly ride. Shoei helmet, leather jacket and gloves--but no boots this time. My ankles look as if someone beat me with a stick. Boots would have saved me from much pain (and I have a brand new pair of Sidi boots at home). Also, even though I wore leather gloves, there's no substitute for high quality gauntlet gloves: you should see my wrists and forearms from the bruising!

Pay attention at intersections! I always look both ways and move my eyes continuously at an intersection--but she just came out of nowhere. This is a dangerous sport-pasttime-way of life. But for those of us who "live" motorcycles, not just ride them on weekends, it is a life style that we just can't shake. The insurance company paid a fair price for the 'busa, and that is good. I went looking for another bike already...but my wife and I decided to get a used car instead for the next few months at least, and then re-evaluate my need for a bike next spring. My wife knows me!

The medical part of this insurance settlement probably will go on for another two months or more. I'm undergoing ultrasounds for blood clots, MRI's for ligament tears, xrays for hairline breaks, and multiple blood tests to find out why my liver function and kidney function tests are so bizzare.

Y'all be careful out there.

By the way, I'm 64 years old!

Wow, glad your ok, and not worse..64 and riding the busa, way too go...:thumbsup:

Glad to hear your ok! No offense to how old you are, but i'm surprised you didn't break anything! Specially at those speeds. Hope you heal up fine!

You take of yourself and heal up well.

Sometimes we all need a thread like this to open our eyes and make us think about our own safety. Be careful out there!

Praying for a speedy recovery for you! Been in a few spills myself and I remember "walking away" from bikes for a few months afterwards.

Take your time and heal up, give it a couple of months, when yo are ready to buy the market should be right...

Back