Dog on a busa...possible?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Hey, I just adopted a small ( 25 lb approx) Staffordshire Terrier,and I want to rig some sort of contraption up to take her traveling with me next summer. I thought that if I used the bottom portion of a small Givi scooter box, cut a couple of slots in the bottom to strap it underneath the pass seat,another strap affixed to the grab rail,then of course her seat harness ect ect.

I would like something lightweight but rigid,not a soft bag. She is a pretty solid dog,( banned in Ontario BTW, classified as a "dangerous breed ) I don't think a soft bag would be safe enough for her. And I would like to have a rig that comes off and on easy as well.

I figured a Givi box I could also paint it to match my bike.:thumbsup:

If anybody has any ideas,pass 'em on. I googled pics of dogs on bikes and a million came up of dumb Harleys with dogs decked out in Harley gear. How embarrassing!

Although if MY dog wore a little "busa" t shirt it would be totally kool! Or how about those dog googles but with little Kanji's on the lenses? :laugh:

sorta ****ty that the guy's dog slipped off and got hit by a car. that link is really a downer. it's cool, but a bummer at the same time.

I have seen a dog sitting in a milk crate that is strapped to the rear seat of a motorcycle.

I would not feel that my dog is safe like that, but some do.

sidecar, or dog trailer. have seen both ways. also seen the milk crate on the back of the bike.

I applaud the idea of wanting to involve your pup on your rides. However, I have always had grave concerns wrt to dogs on bikes. We dress ourselves from head to toe in protective gear, yet dogs are never, to my knowledge, given the same consideration even though they are just as vulnerable, perhaps moreso, in the event of an accident. In addition, a dogs hearing is far more sensitive and primary to them than is our own and I would be concerned about the effect that sustained wind noise would have on their non-earplugged ears. Thus far, I have seen no solution that I have felt is safe enough for my pup.

All that said, this is the best solution I have ever seen if one must bring a pup on a ride:

- Motorcycle ride for backseat dog[/url]

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont really agree with having a dog on a bike i think it makes the drivers of cagers really nervous

Hey, I just adopted a small ( 25 lb approx) Staffordshire Terrier,and I want to rig some sort of contraption up to take her traveling with me next summer. I thought that if I used the bottom portion of a small Givi scooter box, cut a couple of slots in the bottom to strap it underneath the pass seat,another strap affixed to the grab rail,then of course her seat harness ect ect.

I would like something lightweight but rigid,not a soft bag. She is a pretty solid dog,( banned in Ontario BTW, classified as a "dangerous breed ) I don't think a soft bag would be safe enough for her. And I would like to have a rig that comes off and on easy as well.

I figured a Givi box I could also paint it to match my bike.:thumbsup:

If anybody has any ideas,pass 'em on. I googled pics of dogs on bikes and a million came up of dumb Harleys with dogs decked out in Harley gear. How embarrassing!

Although if MY dog wore a little "busa" t shirt it would be totally kool! Or how about those dog googles but with little Kanji's on the lenses? :laugh:

25lbs of pure Fury!!:laugh:

Thanks for the link,but was that dog just sitting on the tank while he rode around? Holy!! What the h#ll ? I saw a busa on ebay that did have a side car. Anyway, at least I am thinking of a seatbelt for cripey's sake.

I have all winter to think of ingenious ideas to take my dog with me.

( tim, I will be there Friday in the am,breakfast? coffee?, I will text ya....)

???you could always strap a pet carrier kennel to the back seat. :thumbsup:

my dog loves to ride my sidecar bar. :laugh: she's too big for the Busa though.

the cagers would pay attention at least. running over a motorcyclist is ok, but not a puppy.

Pepper lets me ride HIS busa. Makes me work on it too under close supervision.:laugh:

100_1097.jpg

Back