To Hug Or Not To Hug?

I was thinking about putting a rear wheel hugger on. I did some searches on here but the pics were usually pretty dark and mostly on gen 2 bikes so I couldn't really get much of an idea if I liked them or not.

How easy are they to install? What do you do to install them?
Anyone have any pics of the finished product?
Any recommendations of where to get one? Pashnit, etc?

Thanks

Andy

I was thinking about putting a rear wheel hugger on. I did some searches on here but the pics were usually pretty dark and mostly on gen 2 bikes so I couldn't really get much of an idea if I liked them or not.

How easy are they to install? What do you do to install them?
Anyone have any pics of the finished product?
Any recommendations of where to get one? Pashnit, etc?

Thanks

Andy

Rediculously easy to install. Two bolts are already there for the chain guard and the other i just used a self tapping bolt which went right in and secured mine perfectly.

I think its a nice little touch myself. keeps the undertail clean. No photos of it specifically and i cant get any cause i cant get the bike out of the shed :-( im broken. But i think if you can find a nice one for cheaper than new its worth it. I payed 60 i think for mine.

a Gen I hugger is probaly similar to a Gen II, pictures here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/132609-want-gen-ii-hugger.html

I have a PUIG like this

189043d1274822918-want-gen-ii-hugger-rear-hugger-3.jpg

not too happy with my pyramid hugger. dealt with a lot of rubbing issues and it is possible i have a dud but the puig looks a much better built quality wise.

Back