Dave Schultz' Last Ride?

APRAIZR

Registered
Hello! I'm new here. I am a credentialed appraiser retained to value Dave Schultz' last Suzuki NHRA Pro Stock bike. Am in need of acquiring technical articles from the 1999/2000 period that profiled the bike. I seem to recall one that included a skeletal drawing, Can you help?

Should you care to "vette" this request go to my website at: Southwest Valuations.

Thank you,

I would very much appreciate the help of anyone more knowledgeable about the mechanical/technical side of Dave's bike than myself. As it is truly unique creation - for its day - I must, as part of my discipline, painstakingly account for why that is so. Magazine articles from that day will be of great assistance.

As well, this project will set the pattern for future value appraisals of like machines. The better we do with this initial effort, the more accurate will be all future appraisals.

Thank you,

if it's for insurance, bid high, if it's for taxes bid low. best of luck:thumbsup:

My job is to - with independence, objectivity, impartiality - establish and argue for a truthful, realistic Fair Market Value. Any help will be appreciated not only by myself but Meredith, Dave's widow, as well.

Thank you,

hopefully a few people are making calls as we type. i hope it gets sorted out, as i've heard dave was a stand up guy. too bad about his passing.

Schultz's bikes were the first to feature an onboard computer, full fairing, lowered steering head, dual eight-inch brakes, vacuum pump, and air in the frame. His greatest technological achievement might have come in 1999 when he led a team of designers and engineers to produce a highly detailed and realistic replica of the popular Suzuki Hayabusa bodywork. With the new body, Schultz recorded a 192-mph pass, the second-fastest run in the history of the class, at the 2000 Englishtown event.

Schultz3.jpg

Try some google action. There is a ton of stuff out there on him. He was super popular in the early 90s till colon cancer got him. I saw your same post on three different forums i bet you will get a ton of stuff. Like others said i hope this information is for a good purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its the bike im thinking of, :race: it could be worth between $40,000 - $60,000 at auction. as you well know its the bike history and who rode it that sets the price.

maybe contact Buzz Welneck at classic cycle trader. he hates to do apprasials, but might be able to send you in the right direction.

:rulez: post some pics...because :worthless:

Don't take this wrong, but wouldn't common sense tell a person to make use of search engines? That's what I would do. ???

your best bet would be to contact George Bryce of Star racing or Greg Cope Dave's crew chief, if anyone knew his bike it was Greg, i believe he works for Star, not sure tho i havnt followed pro stock for sometime now, good luck...ps can i get a picture of the bike, it was a classic!!!

Last edited:
Back