Killer Deal: Nelson Rigg Tail Bags

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Going through my links of things Im gonna buy for the busa. On Newenough.com i found some Nelson Riggs tail bags on closeout for half the price. They look like nice bags. Im going to buy the CL-100 tonight most likely. Im throwing it up in the air cause I need some bags for the bike if i intend on doing some road trips starting next spring :thumbsup:

nr.jpg

Nelson Rigg CL-100 Standard Sport Tail Pack Tail Bag :: New Enough

nr.jpg

http://www.newenough.com/parts/clos...gg/cl700_expandable_motorcycle_tail_pack.html

They have a good amount of other Nelson Rigg tank bags and stuff real cheap on closeout also. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Going through my links of things Im gonna buy for the busa. On Newenough.com i found some Nelson Riggs tail bags on closeout for half the price. They look like nice bags. Im going to buy the CL-100 tonight most likely. Im throwing it up in the air cause I need some bags for the bike if i intend on doing some road trips starting next spring :thumbsup:

nr.jpg

Nelson Rigg CL-100 Standard Sport Tail Pack Tail Bag :: New Enough

nr.jpg

Nelson Rigg CL-700 Expandable Tail Pack Tail Bag :: New Enough

They have a good amount of other Nelson Rigg tank bags and stuff real cheap on closeout also. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing

Have bought a bunch of stuff from New Enough, never had a problem..... Ever !

I went with the MotoCentric Bags. My bike is pictured on their website :whistle: I originally ordered the Nelson Rigg for the tank but traded it out once I saw the quality/price of the MotoCentric. Plus I had to have a matching set :laugh:

Last edited:
Hey jefro, do you have any pics (close ups) of just the top tail bag (CL-100) and where you have the cords attached? Just curious to see where it makes contact with painted surfaces.

I bought matching tank, tail and saddlebags (Nelson-Rigg, Silver Streak model) from Newenough a few months ago, deal went smooth as always.

Hey jefro, do you have any pics (close ups) of just the top tail bag (CL-100) and where you have the cords attached? Just curious to see where it makes contact with painted surfaces.

No, I've always used it with the bags(which it clips to) but like the bags it has a thin rubber like pad at the contact areas. Make sure the body is good and clean(and preferably waxed) before you put 'em on and you shouldn't have any problems. If ya need me to I'll put the trunk on by itself tomorrow afternoon and take some pics for ya-lmk.

If it's no trouble I'd like to see, not a huge deal though. The bag should be here in a few days anyway. Up to you.

Subscribe to their email. They'll regularly send you notices about their closeouts. I've been buying from them for years, and it's always been a good experience.

which saddle bags are you using jefro?? anyone know if the SSC-150 Silver Streak similar to Jefro's bags? i see the size is equivalent but will i be able to mount them easily?

which saddle bags are you using jefro?? anyone know if the SSC-150 Silver Streak similar to Jefro's bags? i see the size is equivalent but will i be able to mount them easily?

He either has the CL-900 or the CL-950 by Nelson Rigg. Im going to get the CL-950 myself

Jefro, Those saddlebags appear to make using the rear pegs impossible. I was wondering if im gonna have to use the small saddlebags so i can ride 2up with the wife? And how is the clearance of the tank bag? can you see the dash ok?

Sorry O Holy P, didn't have time yesterday to take pics. The saddlebags are the CL-950's and I don't think the use of the passenger pegs is possible with them. And as far as a laptop in the CL-100 trunk, my old 14" fits fine bit my 15" is awfully tight-wouldn't try it. I've got a 9" Asus netbook with an external hard drive(for loading routes in the Zumo) I use on trips. The tankbag is the CL-350 and I have no problem seeing the dash or Zumo on a Ram stem mount.

Great find Russel, been looking for some bags for the same reason.

As for Newenough - they are great. They probably don't like me though. I've ordered from them a few times, had an issue sizing wise (no fault of theirs) twice and both times they were awesome with handling the return and shipping out a different size/ different boot. They are very personable and I will definitely be using them for more stuff :thumbsup:

Back