Anyone ride a zx14 need non biased assesment.

71olds

Registered
My buddy just picked up a 08 zx14 in metalic blue from a co worker of his wife with 18 miles on it.
The 1st owner bought it 5/09 as a 1st bike he went in knowing nothing about bikes & the salesman moved him from a zx6 that he wanted to the zx14 telling him he would outgrow the zx6 in a year.
Anyway scared the crap out of him & never rode it or got his license.

So here is the deal I just bought my 03 busa & love it but for not much more then what I think I can get for my 03 busa I can get the 14.

I dont need any more power thenI have. the Busa is faster then I need.

Here is my 03 7200 miles on it now

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

ZX 14 is a very good bike. Same type as the Busa, but of course you know that. That being said, the 14 seat, leg and arm position is different. Some say more comfortable than the Busa, I say NOT ! But it really is a body comfort thing. Performance for meer Humans is the same. Really, do you think you can tell the difference of .006 sec with a bike like this or going 189 vs 186 mph. Be REAL, you can't. So, it just comes down to your personal likes and dislikes. I think the Busa is a better looking and more comfortable bike than the ZX 14, but that's just me. A good friend of mine (who turbo'ed his) feels different and I've ridden both.

So, in the end, it's really what you like and want, because performance and comfort wise it's a persons body toss up :beerchug:

I guess I am asking if the 14 is worth selling my busa for.
Pro's of the 14 that I see
1) its new
2) I think looks more modern then my busa
3) love the color

cons
1) insurance is 600 year vs the 300 the busa costs me.
2) I have to sell the busa (pita factor)
3) I have to go to stupid dmv & pay sales tax
4) My busa already has a pipe & bar risers 14 is all stock

If he is selling it for alot less than its worth, you can always buy it, resell it, and make some dough off of it.

Or keep it and sell your Busa

Im not the Anti-kawi guy or anti anything.

there are people that dont like the way the busa looks, and people that dont like the way the zx 14 looks.

I think the zx 14 looks sweet, and the color is a good color too.

Id probably do it, if it didnt cost much more.

Good Luck

honestly...i like the feel of the stock clutch on the zx better than the busa, but this comes down to personal choice.

FYI, the 14's don't hold their value. Check the want ads to see what i'm talking about.

If you spend some time on the 14 you will keep it. That's what happened to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

ZX 14's are not as popular as a Busa, they sell a lot less bikes and the aftermarket support is not nearly as good.

In some ways I think the 14 is more comfortable, but I feel like I sit way up on it rather than IN it like my Busa.

And they are a PITA to work on compared to the busa

If your busa is beat up or getting long in the tooth, I'd swap. However your busa looks like it's in good shape and the engine has hardly any miles. So you could go forever on it...

If you think that your busa looks outdated, just get rid of the SUZUKI sticker from the tank.

If you go to the ZX forum the answers will sway the other way. Both are great bikes. The Busa has caught on more than the ZX. In the end, it's which bike stirs the most emotion from you.

From a performance perspective, it's probably a wash, with the ZX14 probably a tiny bit better than a Gen I Busa. I have not ridden a ZX14, but if it's like the Z1, then the brakes, clutch, and tranny are likely to be nicer than the Gen I Busa, but these are pretty minor differences.

From a value perspective, absolutely trade for the ZX14 if it's more or less an even trade. You'll be going from an older bike to a newer bike. From a bike with 7000 miles to a bike with no miles. For all I know, you may need tires on your Busa, and that makes the trade to the ZX14 maybe $300 to $500 more attractive. Brake pads, chain and sprockets, etc., all figure the same way. Heck, new bikes are just nice to own.

Agree with GMBusa and jellyrug that the ZX14s don't hold price as well and don't have the big cult following of the Busa. If you want to chrome, mod, stretch, lower, whatever, then keep the Busa. If you want a mostly stock bike, then the ZX is newer.

FWIW, I think the ZX14 is ugly. I do like the Concours 14 and would give up performance to have the better long-distance wind protection, other touring features, and real hard bags that are integrated with bike.

Is that the bright blue, or the dark blue, almost black? The dark blue was known to scratch like crazy, just by breathing on it! I like the looks of the 14 though. Almost bought one. If they'd change their tail section (looks like a 1994 CBR) and get rid of the George Foreman grill on the sides, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I too will someday trade the 'busa in on a Concours 14. Just not anytime soon....

Good luck either way.:beerchug:

Back