Pardini

ButtHead

Registered
Hi folks,

My name is Steve (AKA 'ButtHead') and I'm a good friend of one of your members, Russ, who goes by the handle 'Pardini'. I thought you all might want to know that Russ had a bit of an incident today which ended up with him breaking his right arm. The Busa is rideable, but when a wet corner was taken the bike slipped a bit, ending up sending Russ into a guard rail... The bike actually never fell over, but ended up stuck against the rail with Russ merely stepping off the bike (no fall, no scuffed leather, helmet or boots)... but the impact somehow resulted in the broken arm.

We got his bike home to find that he is set for surgery in Vallejo and I understood that some kind of hardware was to be inplanted.

This occurred this morning (Halloween) on Wooden Valley Road about 10 miles outside of Fairfield (California) around 9:30... An ambulance ride was had as we could not determine how serious the break was (no pulse & no feeling in the hand led us to figure he shouldn't be riding one of our bikes, even as a passenger).

That is about all I know at this time and figured you all might like to pass on your best wishes & prayers for a quick recovery, etc...

Steve

Thanks for the info... I suppose we can expect some one handed slow typing tonight...

I am no stranger to metal as just broke my leg and had a rod surgically implanted in my tibia. A broken arm is just as bad as a leg, no riding for him :-(. Prayers sent out for him. He will be fine :thumbsup:. Lack of feeling is probly pinched nerves/blood vessels and from the trauma which they should have set and corrected the no feeling. I have a little lack of feeling in my toes, foot and lower leg from all the swelling and trauma but it will return as i heal. I have a 6 month recovery time:whistle:. Im certain the orthopedic doctors will have him straight soon and he will be on his road to recovery :thumbsup:

Happy to hear its only a broken arm and he is okay along with the bike! Ill keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery hopefully faster than mine! :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Steve. Please send Russ our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the info Steve, good to hear that Russ was not seriously injured. Russ is a great guy, hung out with me during my emergency room visit after my crash.

Last edited:
Any other info like a room #? I'm in Vallejo and we've ridden a few miles together.

Sorry to hear. Thanks for letting us know, Steve. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Any other info like a room #? I'm in Vallejo and we've ridden a few miles together.

I'm sorry, I am not even sure of what facility he is in. Origially (from the scene) he was to be taken to Kaiser in Vacaville, but when we finally got the bike to Russ's house we were informed he had been taken to Vallejo and I don't know much beyond that... It sounded like he should be home today.

Steve

Sorry to hear; please let us know what he needs.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it.

If Russ needs anything just drop a PM. Hope they gave you the good drugs.

thanks for the info...glad to hear things weren't any worse than they were, prayers sent

Back