Great motorcycle, great bicycle

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I think my life would be way less without these two items. Both of them take me to places I otherwise could not have gotten to.......both geographically and psychologically. I was walking by these guys in the garage with camera in hand and it looked like they were communicating with each other so I captured it.

P1040070.JPG

P1040071.JPG

I think my life would be way less without these two items. Both of them take me to places I otherwise could not have gotten to.......both geographically and psychologically. I was walking by these guys in the garage with camera in hand and it looked like they were communicating with each other so I captured it.

I know what you're saying. I also have a full carbon Trek 5200 and I want to start riding it again. It's been sitting in my room for a couple of years now only because we go to the gym a lot.

Mine looks something like this....
right_side_med_shadow.jpg

I upgraded the crank to this....
FSAcarboncompactcrank.jpg

and the wheels to these.....
url

Before I started riding a motorcycle, I was riding at least 20 miles a day around Lake Forest Mall. When I have more time, I'd ride 50 or more miles in one day.

I also had this for like 2 years. It's a Rocky Mountain RM6. Six inches of travel f/r.
url

Now that you posted your wheels, I'm really inspired to start riding my Trek again. Thanks for posting.:beerchug:

Great pics of your bikes Jesse. My Pinarello is all Ultegra, I actually removed my carbon crank and replaced it with an aluminum Ultegra compact. I do quite a bit of mileage myself. Below are pics of my mtn bike (Cannondale Scalpel Team, all carbon) and long distance bike (Motobecane aluminum 30 speed).
Ride baby ride! Doyle

P1020926.JPG

P1020928.JPG

P1020930.JPG

P1030525.JPG

Great pics of your bikes Jesse. My Pinarello is all Ultegra, I actually removed my carbon crank and replaced it with an aluminum Ultegra compact. I do quite a bit of mileage myself. Below are pics of my mtn bike (Cannondale Scalpel Team, all carbon) and long distance bike (Motobecane aluminum 30 speed).
Ride baby ride! Doyle

Thanks, Doyle.:beerchug:

You got some nice bikes, too. That Cannondale is a really expensive one if I can remember it right.:bowdown:

I removed the stock crank and replaced it with that carbon FSA to save more weight. Ours is about the same weight. I can't remember exactly how much mine weighs but it's less than 17 lbs.

I know what you're saying. I also have a full carbon Trek 5200 and I want to start riding it again. It's been sitting in my room for a couple of years now only because we go to the gym a lot.

Mine looks something like this....
right_side_med_shadow.jpg

I upgraded the crank to this....
FSAcarboncompactcrank.jpg

and the wheels to these.....
url

Before I started riding a motorcycle, I was riding at least 20 miles a day around Lake Forest Mall. When I have more time, I'd ride 50 or more miles in one day.

I also had this for like 2 years. It's a Rocky Mountain RM6. Six inches of travel f/r.
url

Now that you posted your wheels, I'm really inspired to start riding my Trek again. Thanks for posting.:beerchug:

That's funny; lately I have been riding my bicycles alot more than the Busa. I just got my Trek 4300 in late August as a early birthday present and have been having a blast commuting to work, doing night rides with the wife and hitting light trails! I've also been riding my Giant OCR 3 road bike alot lately. I've already been on two rides on the Trek today. I'm supposed to hook up with Spudley later to take the Busas out so I'm looking foward to that!! I need to find some time to get back in the gym as I haven't gone as much since I started commuting on the bikes. Maybe when I weigh less and can afford it I can go for a carbon framed road bike, for now my 2001 Giant aluminum is hauling my big arse just fine!!:laugh: Nice bikes you guys have, let's see some more pedal power machines!!!:thumbsup:

IMG_0166 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0153[1].jpg

IMG_0313[1].jpg

SAM_0015 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Here's to big guy riders! They call us Clydestales. I figure I just have to train more to keep up with all the youngins and featherweights! Doyle

Nice rides...Gen II busa and a Pinnarello FP 5 sitting next to it in my garage. It was a welcome home present to myself after my last stint in the 'stan. I try to put 200 miles a month on it. Sad thing is I have more miles on the bicycle than the busa.

I definetly need to get on the bicycle more often, bought this Specialized a while back and have only riden it a couple of times. The Busa just kinda had me mesmerized for a while there and I forgot about the other toys, I did get the quad out a couple weeks ago for the first time in over 3 years, sand dunes are a real blast too.

124.jpg

592.jpg

Forgot to mention earlier.....if you guys ride a road bike, I highly recommend Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. They are amazing even in the rain. Here's a pic.
vr4fo3-6.jpg

Here's a close up of my wheels.
112164.jpg

Nice rides...Gen II busa and a Pinnarello FP 5 sitting next to it in my garage. It was a welcome home present to myself after my last stint in the 'stan. I try to put 200 miles a month on it. Sad thing is I have more miles on the bicycle than the busa.

You have good taste m'lord.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I bike 2500-4000 miles a year, as much as I ride the Busa.

It's fast...

I know we've done this bicycle thread before but here's what we have in the garage:

2005 Busa blk/grey
Bianchi Team w/full Record
Fuji Roubaix Team United-Toyota w/Campy
Gary Fisher X-Caliber
Specialized BigHit w/Boxxer Race
Kona Stinky
Norco Manik
Colony Sect bmx
Mirraco 5 Star bmx
Mutiny Captain bmx

IMG_4395.jpg

2020 Trek Emonda ALR 5
Stages Power meter
Carbon Fiber Seat Post
Shimano Ultegra Carbon Fiber Pedals
Easton aero Carbon fiber handle bars

Gonna be riding this more than the busa with these gas prices!

Back