Ball Z Motorsports?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I just clicked on new posts and out of a page of 25 new posts, Ball Z Motorsports consumed 15 of the 25 threads? All 11 threads placed today!

Does anyone besides me find that overwhelming? Could it be our beloved busa board may look more like Ebay in the future with more advertising than busa posts?

IMHO our advertisers should, out of common courteousy incorporate all their advertisements into a single thread on any given day. Just think what the board would look like if all the sponsors put 15 threads up on the same day?

I have no problem with advertisers on the board, they pay the bills. However, I'd like to know how other board members feel about mass advertising?

In my opinion, I see nothing wrong. They are posting in their own section. Whats the rub?

I have to agree with ya tuf It was a little much for me too I mostly hit that button myself but my guess is that its not intentionally being done they are prolly just posting up all their ads for the week at once.

I bet the cap or one of the mods could fix the sponsors posts to only hit to their specific forum leaving out the new posts Hits or create another button for
(New sales offers )would def work.:beerchug:

I have to agree with Tuf for the last couple of days Ball z has flooded the classifieds which shows up under new posts. there is nothing wrong with it that’s where he is suppose to be but it would be nice if it didn't show up under new posts. I have just started to go through each subject rather than look at all the adds.

Dont get me wrong , I understand what you are saying. However, if the new posts dont show up, what is the point of putting the ad up in the first place?

So Steven let me ask you exactly how much each month you are asked to pay to come to the site? Let me answer it for you NOTHING! You can't even handle a few ads from a company that is willing to shell out some cash each month so they can post up products?

Really, so tell me what are you willing to sacrifice if anything for the community? You don't pay a dime to use the site and now you want to complain on the number of new products that a paying advertiser puts up?

Just curious, who do you think pays the bills?

cap

I personally would prefer maybe one add post a day, however if it's required to help pay the boards bills, I'll make do....

I see no problem with it. Scroll on mouse wheel works fine, how much time out of the visit to the site does it take 2 seconds,besides never know when there is a deal or product worth jumping on... Case in point that chain brush that I happened on by accident by another sponsor a second ago, have to get me one of those. Tooth brush and rags method sucks.

It's good when products are brought to the front of people eyes sometimes jmo

Last edited:
Uhhh they are a sponser guys he pays to keep the lights on in this place let him do whatever he wants as long as its within the rules.

Cap: Not meaning any dis-respect here. I think Steve as well as the rest of us are happy to have the advertising as it offers us products as well as supports our board.

I think what he is saying is, it can start to take away from the board in general if, when we click in, we find ourselves wading through pages of post that are essentially advertising before we get to the meat of actual information exchange as it relates to the reasons he came here.

Perhaps the format can be reviewed or maybe even something like other sites do. if you don't want to see ads, pay a "donation" to the board and they go away as far as seeing them unless you want to.

Cap nobody is denying that the sponsors are welcomed and necessary parts of this site. I for one am thankful I can easily find them now with new format. I think that was a great improvement just making them easier to find.

I think Steve was merely pointing out that left unchecked, the board can become tedious if we have to wade thru them more and more if they ramp up the means by which they post their ads here in an unchecked fashion.

I wouldn't want to liken it to turning on my TV and instead of listening to the ads I simply don't turn on the TV any longer.

I see no problem with it. Scroll on mouse wheel works fine, how much time out of the visit to the site does it take 2 seconds,besides never know when there is a deal or product worth jumping on... Case in point that chain brush that I happened on by accident by another sponsor a second ago, have to get me one of those. Tooth brush and rags method sucks.

It's good when products are brought to the front of people eyes sometimes jmo

:thumbsup:

I don't see nothing wrong with it either. It's a good way to let orgsters know of new posts in the classifieds.

I LOVE THE SPONSORS!!!!!!!! I say let em do as they please. There aren't too many places left to catch a good deal from someone you can trust. By the sponsors advertising here they not only help us keep the site runnin but we get to critique their product. You can gain sooooo much knowledge by getting it straight from the source.

Keep them good deals a comin!

Just my :2cents:

Cap: Not meaning any dis-respect here. I think Steve as well as the rest of us are happy to have the advertising as it offers us products as well as supports our board.

I think what he is saying is, it can start to take away from the board in general if, when we click in, we find ourselves wading through pages of post that are essentially advertising before we get to the meat of actual information exchange as it relates to the reasons he came here.

Perhaps the format can be reviewed or maybe even something like other sites do. if you don't want to see ads, pay a "donation" to the board and they go away as far as seeing them unless you want to.

Cap nobody is denying that the sponsors are welcomed and necessary parts of this site. I for one am thankful I can easily find them now with new format. I think that was a great improvement just making them easier to find.

I think Steve was merely pointing out that left unchecked, the board can become tedious if we have to wade thru them more and more if they ramp up the means by which they post their ads here in an unchecked fashion.

I wouldn't want to liken it to turning on my TV and instead of listening to the ads I simply don't turn on the TV any longer.

The ads show up one time under new post when they are entered, are you telling me that you can't stand to deal with the ads one time? This doesn't happen every single day either. Ballz is loading their products into THEIR forum just like you asked, a special place for all of their ads to go.. You simply have to deal with it ONE time! It's a free site for goodness sakes, are you guys wound up so tight that you can't even deal with this?

cap

So Steven let me ask you exactly how much each month you are asked to pay to come to the site? Let me answer it for you NOTHING! You can't even handle a few ads from a company that is willing to shell out some cash each month so they can post up products?

Really, so tell me what are you willing to sacrifice if anything for the community? You don't pay a dime to use the site and now you want to complain on the number of new products that a paying advertiser puts up?

Just curious, who do you think pays the bills?

cap

Do I detect a little ankimosity there Cap? I wasn't making a statement, simply asking a question. I've been on this board (Free) for years and today was the first time I had encountered a mass mailing when entering "New Post".

It was a distraction but nothing I can't handle. My appologies if I over stepped my boundries.

Do I detect a little ankimosity there Cap? I wasn't making a statement, simply asking a question. I've been on this board (Free) for years and today was the first time I had encountered a mass mailing when entering "New Post".

It was a distraction but nothing I can't handle. My appologies if I over stepped my boundries.

No animosity at all but complete frustration.

Those google ads are something else. I am joining & downloading EVE Online cause I am joining backup now the ads all turned to Eve Online and related stuff. :)

I don't see any problem with it . In fact if he had loaded all products into one page/ad I would not have seen those cool exhaust plugs i need to fill the holes from where my dual cans used to hang. Can't afford them but would not have seen them .
Josh is a great guy , one who stayed on the phone with me till 3am one night trying to fix a problem completely unrelated to anything he had sold me .
I also think as a sponsor and advertiser he may not even realize that by posting these ads it is filling up the 'new post' section. He may be just posting them in his section and as one who advertises and doesn't really surf/read not realize what the 'new post' section is ?

Must be getting cold cuz y'all are starting to bicker again :laugh:

Back