Gen I HID's?

jeremy_283

Registered
I cannot find any info on how to install them or what I need or anything? I am just seeing stuff for Gen II's..... can someone help?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/124304-gen2-hid-install.html

Dissasembly of bike will be different as well as bulb part numbers but you can buy same HID kit I used for your GenI.
DDM motorcycle single HID kit in which you will need two of will work fine . Give it a bit and someone will post correct bulb numbers for the GenI .
I believe it is an H7 for low beam and 9005 for high beam but I'm not sure ?

Its very easy to install them. Hardest thing is mounting the ballasts and taking the nose fairing off

yes the nose has to be removed, it makes it so much easier. the bulbs are h7 and 9005. i mounted my ballasts on the air tube with the double sided tape and used zip ties for all the wiring. its pretty easy to do. the hardest part is getting the nose on and off.

Russell I didn't take my nose off.
Do you have to remove nose on a GenI ?
If so why ?

well my nose was off getting painted anyways :laugh: i dont know if i would have to take it off but i think it would be very hard to change bulbs on my gen1 if i didnt... ??? im not sure. I forget what my busa looks like ive been without her for so long :cry:

Jeremy read the first page or so of the thread I linked above .
In the thread it has another link to DDM tuning which is where many of us bought them from .
You will need two of the 'single motorcycle HID kits' from them . Each one now is $22.50 and comes with all you need ready to go as a complete packaged unit .

And guys I still don't see the need for nose removal . On my GenII it was a bit difficult to get bulbs in and out but i did not remove nose to do so.
Is a GenI more difficult in some way ?

Ive installed over 200 kits and never taken a nose off!

I have helped install three kits and never removed the nose. Since you have never installed as set, it would make a goof excuse to find some members in your area and get together for some mod time.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 on the DDM kits. I have DDMs in both my CBR1100xx (55w 5000K) & my VFR800 (2 x 35w 5000K HiLo), the busa came with some other brand.
I kept the incandescent bulb in the Hi-beam because the HID's take time to warm up and when I flip on high beams, I want light immediately.
Think about wiring in a simple DEI 528 T delay timer to delay starting your HIDs till the bike is running (mine is set for ~15 seconds). They are dirt cheap, easy to install and will extend the life of your ballasts.
After installing quite a few of these kits now, I too am intruiged by how you do it without pulling the nose off. I think the time to remove 2 mirrors and 16 screws would more than make up for the frustration of trying to do a decent job in the cramped nose section still on the bike.

Now as far as functionality goes, THEY ROCK! :cheerleader:

+1 on the DDM kits. I have DDMs in both my CBR1100xx (55w 5000K) & my VFR800 (2 x 35w 5000K HiLo), the busa came with some other brand.
I kept the incandescent bulb in the Hi-beam because the HID's take time to warm up and when I flip on high beams, I want light immediately.
Think about wiring in a simple DEI 528 T delay timer to delay starting your HIDs till the bike is running (mine is set for ~15 seconds). They are dirt cheap, easy to install and will extend the life of your ballasts.
After installing quite a few of these kits now, I too am intruiged by how you do it without pulling the nose off. I think the time to remove 2 mirrors and 16 screws would more than make up for the frustration of trying to do a decent job in the cramped nose section still on the bike.

Now as far as functionality goes, THEY ROCK! :cheerleader:

I bought the DDM kit a while back and was planning to install it this weekend. Can you tell me where I can get one of the DEI 528 T delay timers? Is this something I can grab down at Auto Zone, or some other local store?

yes the nose has to be removed, it makes it so much easier. the bulbs are h7 and 9005. i mounted my ballasts on the air tube with the double sided tape and used zip ties for all the wiring. its pretty easy to do. the hardest part is getting the nose on and off.

Absolute bollocks. The nose does NOT need to be removed.
I did mine quickly and easily, with the nose cowl still on the bike.

Back