Bmw 1600 gt-gtl

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone going to jump on one these looks pretty good...

I think the price tag is at around 55- 65K. Supposedly all BMW owners are dumping their 1300's for one of these. Checking it out on the site seems like an awesome machine and the adaptive headlight :drool: would like to see that on all bikes :thumbsup:

Info on the options are some what limited. Would like to see details on Navi option with a price like that it should come with satellite radio, and the other capabilities of the state of the art Navi systems.

With a price tag like that though :down: I will only be reading about it unless some one here buys one so I can get a closer look:whistle: :laugh:

looks very nice too! Bikes look better when one headlight next to the other is the same size and shape :poke: :laugh:
bmw-k1600gt-red-front-left.jpg

Hayabusa.oRg - adaptive headlights

bmw-k1600gt-red-front-left.jpg

Last edited:
That is just a ridiculous amt of $...You can buy some pretty nice cars for that amt of money..without all of the hassles that a bike brings with weather..I like Beemers too...but that is over the top nutts...

I'd buy the GT if I could afford it. $20k+ for one bike would be a bit much. I'd like to see if they make a S version, since the current GT and S are the same underneath.

I'd love to have a GS1200 for a second bike.

55-65K...no way.

If it peaks over 30K they'll price themselves right out of the market.

20K and your looking at a goldwing and that in itself is VERY HARD to beat.

65K they can stick their direction headlights up their :moon:
(I can buy 2 or 3 houses for that)

Where did this $65K figure come from?

I have been hearing $29-$35K, depending on options.

CW

Why don't they put the price on the site :angry:

As I said I could be wrong will find the article now

edit: found the article it was a Norwegian article
GTL 326 800, -nok (57 717 US$ ) remind to never move there
Gold wing 384,900 -nok

Please don't aske me what a -nok is :dunno:

Looks like the BMW may well be cheaper than the goldwing. :whistle:

So I am sure some one here will pick one up and let me take it for a spin :poke: :laugh:

Last edited:
That's a little more like it price wise.

It may well be close to the wing, remember they just came out with the
1000rr with tons of R&D involved, new tooling, all new bells and whistles
and is still competively priced. (take note Suzuki and Busa kool-aid update drinkers :laugh:)

add me to the list of people you cant borrow from. I wouldnt by a bmw motorcycle ever. I wouldnt pay for the name.

add me to the list of people you cant borrow from. I wouldnt by a bmw motorcycle ever. I wouldnt pay for the name.

Have you ridden one of their bikes??? I haven't myself, but I got to go on a group ride with a few guys that were on the K 1300. They were moving pretty good and never saw any of them grabbing for the brakes in the turns either. Acceleration from a stop was most impressive. The bike seemed to flow over the bumps like they weren't even their while I had to lift my butt of the seat just in case. :laugh:

Just seemed like a well built machine would like to test one, one day.

if they build bikes anyway like they build cars i bet it is a good machine. I am kinda anti beemer though. Nothing against them i just dont like em. Course i dont like yamaha either:) Nor volvo,or chevy....lol

It's taking the K1200LT's place, so expect it to come in around $22 to $24,000 fully loaded. Just in the same price range a Goldwing or Harley Tourer goes for :beerchug:

It's taking the K1200LT's place, so expect it to come in around $22 to $24,000 fully loaded. Just in the same price range a Goldwing or Harley Tourer goes for :beerchug:

At that price point, BMW will have a waiting list for the 1600.

CW

this is a good place for Hitler wants his vfr honda back, you know the video...

I'm sure it's going to be priced close to give the Goldwing some competition. If it's too much they'll sit in the showroom. Whoever thought BMW would have a 1000 in the price range it's in.

Back