Michigan Police Objective Motorcycle comparison.

moloko

Banned
"Would you rather ride a bike that accelerated from 0-100mph in 9.7 seconds or one that takes nearly half a minute? The Michigan State Police know the answer to that question. Last month they performed comprehensive, independent performance testing on four potential police bikes: The BMW R1200RTP, Kawasaki Concours 14 and the Harley Road King and Electra Glide. Guess which two bikes lost?"

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/10/michigan-state-police-objectively-prove-harleys-suck/

Reposted from my local sport bike forum.

Last edited:
"Would you rather ride a bike that accelerated from 0-100mph in 9.7 seconds or one that takes nearly half a minute? The Michigan State Police know the answer to that question. Last month they performed comprehensive, independent performance testing on four potential police bikes: The BMW R1200RTP, Kawasaki Concours 14 and the Harley Road King and Electra Glide. Guess which two bikes lost?"

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...e-harleys-suck

Reposted from my local sport bike forum.

Linky no work for me.

Harley should have an infinite time for 0-100 as it is not safe at 100. Harley must be the safest bike on the road though, you will notice most riders wear no gear and only if they have to, half lids.:whistle:

oh no were will they hide all those jelly donuts:dunno:

Last edited:
Wow when you put the numbers side by side???
Harley come join the rest of us in the 21st century, and considering the rest of us are trying to catch Buck Rogers I think that's gonna be hard:whistle:

Well now guys I hate to spoil the party on the whole Harleys are slow but I own one my self as well as my new busa. But I have taken my Harley to the track before and I've ran 140-142mph at 9.24 in a 1/4. And I also have kept up with some Busa's at times I'm not saying that I've beat them but I've only lost by 1.10sec at times. This is my other baby let me know what you think of her. She's puting out 147hp w/o Bottle and 202 with it.

boss noss1.jpg

boss noss2.jpg

boss noss4.jpg

boss noss 5.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

Sweeeet ride Speedy! But you made the myth about HD not being able to do much over a 100 totally untrue!

0-100 in 9.7 sec? Umm, thats not very fast... Get em some zx14, they'll be faster, but still behind the Busa's:laugh:

0-100 in 9.7 sec? Umm, thats not very fast... Get em some zx14, they'll be faster, but still behind the Busa's:laugh:

Yea but shouldn't you not be able to see a harley right behind a busa. Cause if you do then that's telling me that your busa is not much faster then a harley so sounds like you need to get a faster bike.:rofl::poke:

Back