No extra parts!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We shared a paddock with a guy from Missouri, great guy as a matter of fact.

Before he came to the track he was in a hurry to get his track tires on his 750... He hit the track and started to notice that the back end was shifting around, he checked his tire pressure and on the next session it happened again. He came back in and went through his checklist, tire warmers check, tire pressure check, what could it be.... As he looked a little closer someone mentioned it looked like he was missing his left real wheel spacer... He borrowed a spacer from someone at the track and back on the road he went..

Note to self....... NO EXTRA PARTS AFTER A WHEEL CHANGE

His wheel was ate up, his calipers were ate up, the rotor us ate up... ugly all the way around... we pulled the rotor completely off and took the pads off the calipers and he went back out for 4 more sessions....

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

wow, thats one lucky guy, that coulda turned worse in a hurry for sure...

ouch~!~ Looks like a mess but glad he found it now instead of later when it would have found him

Wow, that could have been way worse! Hard to believe you could check your tire pressure and not notice that rotor. Listen up folks good lesson to be learned here! :rulez::rulez:

:whistle: and glad no one got hurt

thats why i try not to have a parts can after any work i do......again...try lol

yikes! glad someone spotted it before it got even worse!! :beerchug:

Wow lucky him,he must thanked that guy for the find.If not it would be disastrous

he could rob a bank with no clothes on and walk home with the bank and never get cought...lucky man to tell the story

me thinks the only thing that saved him was the rotor and caliber

Back