some questions and pics

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
ok so first i have some questions then some pics!!!

1 does the kn air filter really help? power gains?
2 would i loose a bunch of handling if i just stretch 2 inches?
3 would my bike handle better if i lower the front an inch?
4 what does everyone think of soupys front lowering plate?
5 suggested stand for busa?
6 does running a 200 on the back mess with anything?
7 on preping the frame for paint do i need to sand it or just prime? or both?
8 can you anodize alum? rims in particular.

i added some of new pics to my garage. I did this so as to not clutter our board up here! Thank you for the help in advance!

On the Gen I Busas the OEM filter is very efficient. Changing to a K&N will result in a slight reduction in power. There are many more questions about your goals to make a recommendation.

Hard to define “a bunch” but yes it does affect the handling. At least in my experience running 3” over.

Likely not. It might make it turn in quicker. What else would it screw up? Most of the people that are trying to improve handling at a track raise the rear slightly.

It works. There are a couple of basic ways to lower. A replacement or a spacer. Soupy has the best looking spacer out IMO. It is more economical than the equivalent Genmar and both are cheaper than the upper. The handle bars are raised with the space which may or may not be a problem, depending why you are wanting to lower the front. For drag racing I wouldn’t but some have.

5 suggested stand for busa? Many to choose from.

6 does running a 200 on the back mess with anything? Nothing, most 190 rears I have seen measure 198mm so there is not a lot to gain in some brands.

7 on preping the frame for paint do i need to sand it or just prime? or both? I would recommend stripping it and having it powdercoated by someone with experience in doing aluminum motorcycle frames.

As far I as I know the only metals you can anodize are Alum, Mag, and Ti. It will magnify imperfections so I would stay away from it if you are talking about the factory busa wheels. Stick with chrome, powder coating or combinations on the factory wheels and you should be happier with the results.

On the Gen I Busas the OEM filter is very efficient. Changing to a K&N will result in a slight reduction in power. There are many more questions about your goals to make a recommendation.

Hard to define “a bunchâ€￾ but yes it does affect the handling. At least in my experience running 3â€￾ over.

Likely not. It might make it turn in quicker. What else would it screw up? Most of the people that are trying to improve handling at a track raise the rear slightly.

It works. There are a couple of basic ways to lower. A replacement or a spacer. Soupy has the best looking spacer out IMO. It is more economical than the equivalent Genmar and both are cheaper than the upper. The handle bars are raised with the space which may or may not be a problem, depending why you are wanting to lower the front. For drag racing I wouldn’t but some have.

5 suggested stand for busa? Many to choose from.

6 does running a 200 on the back mess with anything? Nothing, most 190 rears I have seen measure 198mm so there is not a lot to gain in some brands.

7 on preping the frame for paint do i need to sand it or just prime? or both? I would recommend stripping it and having it powdercoated by someone with experience in doing aluminum motorcycle frames.

As far I as I know the only metals you can anodize are Alum, Mag, and Ti. It will magnify imperfections so I would stay away from it if you are talking about the factory busa wheels. Stick with chrome, powder coating or combinations on the factory wheels and you should be happier with the results.

:thumbsup: Great advise sir!:thumbsup:

thanks for takeing the time to answer thier questions....thats why this forum is so great...

i added some of new pics to my garage. I did this so as to not clutter our board up here! Thank you for the help in advance!

1, I got one, but IDk if it really hepls
2Probly not, unless your draggin knees or carvin corners, it shouldnt bother ya3yep
4 works, few guys here have em and like em
5redline is a board sponsor, pricy but well built
6 not really, see answer #2, buit even less noticeable
7 Id rough it up at least, then prime and paint.
8 i thiink so, check with sponsor JonReed and sportchrome.

I answered them all, i get to see the pics now, right?:laugh:

After i posted my answers I read the thread, Professor made me look bad:whistle:

Im still lookin at your pics tho

Last edited:
lol....thank you as well for the answers!! i did do a search as was suggested for some of the answers the main reason i asked was because information does get out dated and proved wrong etc:) let me know what you think of the pics and if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them. I do have a plan of action as far as the bike goes but its kinda on hold for a little bit as i am waiting for more information on some motor mods i want to do.

1)Stock is better in terms of hp gain compared to K&N filters.Tested in Dyno run.It saves by its reusable.Its not as durable as stock.

2)Handling will for sure be different as you are messing with its original setting.Some stretch for pimping their rides,some for drag race.Will loose out in cornering compared to stock.

3)An inch is too much if i am not wrong,i lowered my front abit forgotten how much.Gain in better cornering in term of entering a corner,loose out in long distance touring due to my posture in riding my busa.

4)No idea of that,but his reputation is good from the reviews posted in many forums.

5)I am currently using a mainstand sold by suzuki.Its plug and play,no modifications needed.Pro for one it goes where ever you go,con will be you will need to sacrifice your belly pan for it.At high speed your speedometer maybe inaccurate due to loss of your belly pan.Will loose around 5 pecent horsepower due to the design of the usage of the belly pan.

6)It will be heavier,better stability depending of brands and models.Stock tyres are 190/50.Some are using 180/50 lighter and better in cornering.

For 7 and 8,you got to ask the experts here.I have no experience thus its better for me to round it up.

Last edited:
Back