Help 195 bulb fell into headlight

Pit Bull 13

Registered
I have a gen II and the 195 little bulb fell out into the housing the two in the top corners.. how do you get it out? is there a trick to it? i dont wanna take off the whole plastic's :please: theres a way to do it.. thanks

only way to do it i can think of without removing the headlight completely, is remove the gauge cluster and surrounding trim pieces so u can get to the headlight bulb. Pull the bulb and large rubber grommet out, and hopefully u could use something to fish down the headlight and grab it. Not sure what though, maybe a metal coat hanger with some tape wadded on the end of it, bend the coat hanger so u can fish it through the hole in the headlight, and hopefully u could pick it up with the tape on the end of the coat hanger. May sound stupid, but the only thing i can come up with at the moment

get a retractable pen/magnet and just retrieve it thru the bulb hole. The one with the fingers and magnet at the end like mechanics use.
12-X.jpg

get a retractable pen/magnet and just retrieve it thru the bulb hole. The one with the fingers and magnet at the end like mechanics use.
12-X.jpg

I have the same kinda thing at my shop but it has claw finger's.. i tryed a meg it didn't cling.. I bought new bulbs bucause one was burnt out and when i pulled it out the bulb fell in..:banghead::banghead:

another stupid idea-maybe something like a rubber flexible hose, fuel tubing or something similar, about 1/2" diameter, tape/rig it up to a shop vac. Maybe if u taped the tube tight enough to the shop vac hose it would have good suction and suck that baby right up when u fish it through the light

hemi that is a wonderful idea and i bet it would work:)

I've gotten parts of one of those little bulbs out of my headlight with duct tape on the end of a bent coat hanger...1002 uses!

another stupid idea-maybe something like a rubber flexible hose, fuel tubing or something similar, about 1/2" diameter, tape/rig it up to a shop vac. Maybe if u taped the tube tight enough to the shop vac hose it would have good suction and suck that baby right up when u fish it through the light

ohhh that's a goodie :thumbsup:

chewed bubble gum on a stick?

I thought of that but i dont want it to hit the lens and have bb gum stuck ti the inside of my head light.. Im gonna try a few other ideas you fellow orgsters poasted up..

I ha a really bad yesterday.. was driving home from Va and my car broke down in west Va took me 5 hours to fix on the side of the road with no tools. so i didnt get home till 3 Am and now my busa bulb issue with that problem added another.. my HID 6000k high beam dosnt work and I cant find where to get a replacement bulb I dont remember if its diamond white eather.. bad 24 hours :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

hang in there man it will get better! by the way whcih idea worked? just curious ???

I thought of that but i dont want it to hit the lens and have bb gum stuck ti the inside of my head light.. Im gonna try a few other ideas you fellow orgsters poasted up..

I ha a really bad yesterday.. was driving home from Va and my car broke down in west Va took me 5 hours to fix on the side of the road with no tools. so i didnt get home till 3 Am and now my busa bulb issue with that problem added another.. my HID 6000k high beam dosnt work and I cant find where to get a replacement bulb I dont remember if its diamond white eather.. bad 24 hours :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
i have a 6k hid hi and low beam set for 100 shipped i you want it, 713-292-8871.. i tired to sell it months ago on here but nobody needed them i guess. if you are interested i can send u a pic. sorry to hear about your mishaps.

very easy, 2 bolts on the outer edges-10mm, wiggle the whole cluster out of the grommets, then from the clutch side of the bike un-plug the harness that plugs into the cluster. Be very careful not to scratch the lenses of the gauges, lay a towel or rag over them if need be

very easy, 2 bolts on the outer edges-10mm, wiggle the whole cluster out of the grommets, then from the clutch side of the bike un-plug the harness that plugs into the cluster. Be very careful not to scratch the lenses of the gauges, lay a towel or rag over them if need be

yup super easy.. I couldn't agree more.. this weekend im gonna try and get the bulb out.. been busy with work and been to cold to ride so lets keep our fingers crossed :please::please:

Back