Another weekend project

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Well, today was a nice day and after painting Violet's frame yesterday, I decided that I'd work on the trailer a bit...

In the trailer, I've been mounting my stands to the floor up in the nose. It's worked, but it has also taken away floor space. Shawn found a company that makes some mounting brackets for stands and has 'em in his trailer. After seeing them, I figured that I could make something similar... So, for about $20 in materials, I made a couple holders and then a third for the "headstock adapter" for my front stand.

IMG_1129.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg

Now I have free space up front...but I'm already thinking about how I can use that. LOL

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Now you did it, now i have to go and make my own also!

Now you did it, now i have to go and make my own also!

Easy to do, John! You can get all the stuff at Lowe's or Home Depot. I also "painted" the hooks and U-channel with 'Plasti-Dip' to keep it from scratching the stands (not that they aren't already scratched. LOL)

U-channel, 1/4"-20 threaded rod, some wing nuts, hooks

I don't meant to sound like a jerk, but why do you have a trailer for your bike? Is it a track bike?

It's not a dedicated track bike, but I do take it to the track. Plus I like to travel to meets, etc.

Cause he can't carry all the tools and such in his hump...

looks good Omar, more ya save on brackets the more you can spend on mods:thumbsup:

I hear ya there, Tim! Hrmmm, saved about $100 on brackets... I need to give Michelle my Christmas list:

• HMF Dual high mount system w/ carbon cans

:whistle:

Back