Honda VFR800 - 173hp on pump gas

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Pretty cool sleeper and alot of hp for a pump gas 800cc engine with stock internals.

A&A Performance - '02-'09 VFR800 Supercharger Kit

frontquarter-big.jpg

dyno_big.gif

that would be sweet! wonder what the power gains would be with a supercharger verses a turbo?

i emailed them to see if they could supply some of the expected gains etc compared to turbo. I think it would be a sweet idea. Though it doesnt seem to be very cost effective. A good turbo kit doesnt cost that much does it? I havent done a lot of research on the topic.

i emailed them to see if they could supply some of the expected gains etc compared to turbo. I think it would be a sweet idea. Though it doesnt seem to be very cost effective. A good turbo kit doesnt cost that much does it? I havent done a lot of research on the topic.

I think you are correct turbos are typically cheaper, but I read somewhere that turbo-charging a V4 motor is not very easy because the exhaust exits being on opposing sides of the engine. ???

yup i would rather have a supercharger as well. There is a guy around here that has a v that is turbod. I will have to see if i can find him and get pics. If i remeber right it was a tl1000s.

How many hp before the SC ??? I thought those bikes made 130- 140 hp stock???

110hp, Manny. They are a terrific bike, let down only by the fact that they are too heavy. If Honda could trim them down to the 195kg mark they'd be incredible.
The VFR is probably the most reliable, most well made, all-round sport-tourer on the planet. I've noticed that the VFR guys often never buy anything else, which I think says a lot. I also know that motorcycle mechanics strongly recommend them, as very little ever goes wrong with a VFR. (Reg/rec's fried on the older models, but that was about it.)

110hp, Manny. They are a terrific bike, let down only by the fact that they are too heavy. If Honda could trim them down to the 195kg mark they'd be incredible.
The VFR is probably the most reliable, most well made, all-round sport-tourer on the planet. I've noticed that the VFR guys often never buy anything else, which I think says a lot. I also know that motorcycle mechanics strongly recommend them, as very little ever goes wrong with a VFR. (Reg/rec's fried on the older models, but that was about it.)

Well if this is any indication, my 5th gen was caught in hurricane IKE and the whole bike was in water that left a line on the side of the engine. The harness was corroded to hell and then the previous owner stripped it to sell for parts. I picked it up in that condition, re-assembled it and put a little work into it and now she runs like a dream now. If I had to do a very long run, that's almost certainly the bike I'd take. Gear driven cams make a cool sound too!

Back