How many miles before changing back tire?

How many miles back tire thread life

• Total voters
on the stocks i put 6000 miles on them, i'm not that aggressive of a rider though. i replaced them with pilot road 2cts and love them. they have the harder compound in the center for longevity and the sides are softer.

400 miles on OEMs...then ditched em. That's how much I dislike Battleaxes~!~

i ate up a brand new oem, cords showing, in 2300 miles. no burnouts. i do like accelerating. and wheelies.

my last back tyre was a bridgestone BT014, yes its a soft tyre but holds the road, i got 1100 miles out of it. but most of that was 2 up with the wife on the back. there the only tyre i trust to bank the bike over at 130mph 2 up. the wife has gone mad as she now likes to see if she can touch the road when banking D'oh......

Last edited:
I GOT 2000 ON THE bt's three sets. 4000 on the Avon Storm. Getting a set of Dunlop Q'S installed Sunday, let's see.:thumbsup:

I had a little over 11k on the stockers to my gen II b4 i just changed them. The threads were just starting to show in the middle

Any sport tire I've used on either the Busa, or the ZRX1200 before, lasted 2400-2800 miles. Sport touring tires last in the neighborhood of 5000 miles.
Sport fronts might last 1000 miles longer than the rear, sport touring fronts are gone pretty evenly with the rears.

On my 08 I got 7000 miles on the stock 015's (but I wore those down to the steel belts) and I'm at 2000 miles now on a new set of 016's which are just starting to get to the point where they don't look brand new anymore. The front seems to be wearing out much faster on the edges than the rear though. That big girl likes to push the front when ridden hard I guess. Grip like glue though.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I got just over 6000 miles on the stock rear. Then again I am not always launching the bike at every stoplight and the temps are a little cooler up here. I am just over 9000 on the front and I intend on changing that over the winter (it is suppose to snow on monday). I have the Pirelli Angle on the rear an I love it. I intend to change the front to the Angle as well. One down side if it is cool in the area (50 degrees) the tires take quite a while to warm up.

Looks like most are on the BT016's but either way, with both the Q2's and the 16's, most get less than 3,000 miles.

Means you can schedule your oil changes at same time as your tire changes.

Busa is a nice girl, but high maintenance, that's for sure.

Mileage for me varies with the riding, around here 5000-6500, trips to mountains 3000-4000.
Michelin pilot power tires.

Stock Bt016.... 4500 for the first rear. Then replaced the rear with another Bt016. 4500 miles. Then replaced both front and rear with Bt002's. Lasted about 2500 front and rear! :whistle: Spring Bash of 2010!:whistle: Currently on Pilot Pures with 2500 miles front and rear and not looking bad! But when they are done a set of Q2's or Bt003's will go on! I ride the busa gently too!:whistle::laugh:

I got 8700 out of the OEM rear. Replaced both front and rear at the same time with Dunlop Q2's.

Back