EPA and E15 fuel

LeDauz

Registered
Was reading up on EPA new cure for renewable resources that goes into your tank and found E15(Ethonal 15% blend).

What is E15?
Ethanol is an alcohol that can be mixed with gasoline to result in a cleaner-burning fuel. The most common blend of gasoline and ethanol is E10, or 10 percent of ethanol to 90 percent of gasoline. E15 is gasoline containing 15 vol% ethanol.

The primary source of ethanol is corn, but other grains or biomass sources may be used such as sorghum, corn cobs, cornstalks, and switchgrass.

E15 (a blend of gasoline and ethanol) | Fuels & Fuel Additives | US EPA

What Vehicles and Engines May Not Use E15?
All motorcycles.
All vehicles with heavy-duty engines, such as school buses, transit buses, and delivery trucks.
All off-road vehicles, such as boats and snowmobiles.
All engines in off-road equipment, such as lawnmowers and chain saws.
All MY2000 and older cars, light-duty trucks, and SUVs.
All 2001-2006 cars, light-duty trucks, and medium-duty passenger vehicles (pending a waiver decision with respect to those vehicles).

My thoughts on this is simple why? why? First off E15 will be slightly cheaper then fuel without ethonal,But will lose MPG

:banghead:is it worth using renewable resources that give off less polution per volume but requires you to use more of it to perform the same task?:banghead:

How many people already don't know whats the difference between E10 and gasoline?

How many New motorcyclists will accidently put this in their bike and be out hundreds of dollars?

Should be a slow start up like E85. Not many stores have it here in TX.
This would be a new color nozzle and possibly a different size....like deisel.

As automakers improve MPG this new fuel will offset those numbers because, like you said, you will get less MPG than gasoline. Unless they base those numbers on E15. So where does that put the push to have auto's up to avaerge of 35mpg....will there be a waiver?

I think as we get more into the reasearch of this, we wil find other materials to make the fuel from. It is starting to cost too much to feed deer:laugh:

The main advantage of E10/E15/E85 is that we are paying Americans for the Ethanol, not the Middle East countries or Venezuela. For that reason alone, I wish I had E85 in my area. My truck is all ready for it but no one carries it here in Florida in my area. I'd gladly take E15 if it was sold here. Anything to stick to Chavez and other rotten oil countries!

It really has nothing to do with pollution or gas mileage. It's all about sticking it to the man!:cheerleader:

Dont think E-15 will be mainstream anytime soon. Farmers cant keep with the current demand for E-10 and the EPA doesnt know if the current batch of vehicles can handle E-15.

Back