Hit at 50mph (pics)

proelky

Registered
I was hit last night at 6:30pm while on my way home. A 16yr old girl failed to yield right of way, and turned in front of me. I'm a little banged up, but I'm alive and walking. I just finished my bike build, and this happens. Here's pics

Mobile Photobucket

dang glad your doing ok, something similiar happened here in KC this past weekend only the rider and passenger didnt fair to well...

Bikes can be replace you can't , It's good that your ok.
The insurance company may total the bike, If it was me I'd buy it back and rebuild it, might be cheaper than buying another one.

Ouch, glad to hear you're talking & walking. Could have been much much worse from the pic.

poelky.jpg

Unfortunately the fork yolk ripped the frame in two. That bike would need a ton of work. I have enough vested that I should be able to build another after this is over. We plan on seeing what the outcome is before we go to an attorney. I'll keep you guys/gals posted.

Ripped clean off. That's a hard impact. :( Please tell me you are insured for all those sweet mods.

Ripped clean off. That's a hard impact. :( Please tell me you are insured for all those sweet mods.

I had liability, but the 16yr old girl that hit me has full coverage. No citations were issued (???), but the police report and 15 witnesses state that she was at fault. I just want what I had replaced, and I don't care if it's a 99', or 2011 bike. With it being close to winter, I'd be happy with a check too.

Back