Oh Crap moment!!

Stepsidez71

Registered
The guy I ride with bought a camera for his bike and we went and shot some footage last weekend. I came into this corner hot and dragged my kickstand which caused the suspension to unload. It was a crazy ride. I also learned I need to work on how I lean into the corners my body postion is all wrong. The bike is Stock height with vortex rearsets.

- busa dragging kickstand[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy I ride with bought a camera for his bike and we went and shot some footage last weekend. I came into this corner hot and dragged my kickstand which caused the suspension to unload. It was a crazy ride. I also learned I need to work on how I lean into the corners my body postion is all wrong. The bike is Stock height with vortex rearsets.

- busa dragging kickstand[/url]

Were they stock tires?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised the peg, your toe, or the fairing didn't drag before the kickstand.

Your body position is not terribly bad, but you could move your upper body more to the inside of the turn and lower.

It didn't seem you had a kneeslider on, so sticking the knee out could be pretty painful.

In all the honesty, your entire escapade looks pretty smooth on the video - almost like done on purpose.

Nice video! Cameras and audiences seem to push us past our comfort zone.:whistle: Great job not panicking and recovering!

As much of an oh **** moment that was, it still was pretty bad ass. Makes the video even better if you tell people thats what you went out to do ;)

I am running the Pilot power 2CTs front and rear. I have vortex rearsets mounted all the up and back which kept my feet and pegs from dragging.

Back