New tire question

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
First original OEM rear tire is kaput. Front OEM looks fine.

What do most do?

1.) Replace the rear with a new OEM, so front and rear matches.

2.) Put a better than OEM tire on the rear and leave the front, have non-matching tires.

3.) Change both front and rear to something better.

For economic reasons, guys have "mixed-and-matched' if the FRONT still have tons of rubber left. Personally, I have always swapped FR & RR at the same time.

Unless you are using yours on the track, get a set of Shinko 009 Ravens. They work great, last a LONG time and you can get both of them to your door for ~$175.

A single OEM probably wouldn't much different in price.

I replaced the rear only witha Michelen pr2. The front was still in good shape so I left it. When times come, which will be soon, I am going with the michelen on the front. I couldn't see paying for a new tire when the front was still good. Just my .02 I haven't had any problems with running a mismatched set. I don't ride on a track though, but I have been fairly aggressive at times and everything was fine.

I replaced the rear only witha Michelen pr2. The front was still in good shape so I left it. When times come, which will be soon, I am going with the michelen on the front. I couldn't see paying for a new tire when the front was still good. Just my .02 I haven't had any problems with running a mismatched set. I don't ride on a track though, but I have been fairly aggressive at times and everything was fine.

LOL, I don't mind spending $170 for a case of oil, but throwing away a good tire bugs me. :laugh:

Will be putting on a new OEM Brigestone BT-15 for $150. Worked hard to run the front tire in nicely, so I'll keep it and have a matching stock set.

Good deals on two tires at the sale, but when one throws in costs to fit, balance, new valves, disposal fee it adds up.

I put a pilot road 2 in the back it replaced pilot power..LOVE IT.. bout 1000miles on it

just put a road 2 in front it replaced pilot power 2. That dam tire is HARD.. GOT about 125 miles on it. It's gonna take FOREVER to break in it seems. I hope it smooths out cause I don't like it so far... but the rear is sweet..

I'm giving the front an even 1000 miles. Before I decide to keep it. I may get another power 2 I got a little over 6k with the last one.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

ohhhhh no another tire question.....lol....shinkos for the win lol

Back