Braking Upgrades

rdnckjim

Registered
I am gonna need rotors all around and pads, looked at the new EBC XR but would like some feedback that some have had with EBC or Galfer rotors and where should I look for pads as far as companies? Also l have been having a hard time finding a complete clutch kit it seems like I just find pieces for one here and there can someone give me a link for one or recommend one?

Last edited:
I have the ENC Xrotors. I like 'em. I use EBC HH pads on them exclusively. Make sure to follow the exact bedding in proceedure they recomend for new rotors and pads.

I cant help you with the brakes,but from what I've heard the stock clutch is the best one. Are you looking for the steel and fiber plates or doing something like Brock's clutch mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, pm or email me. Can start getting stuff shipped on Monday if you are ready to go. :thumbsup:

Galfer Pads, Rotors, Lines are here:
Galfer Brake Lines, Wave Rotors & Brake Pads: Buy Now | Pashnit Moto

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

truwrecks1.jpg

If you prefer EBC instead, slightly less money than the Galfer Wave Rotors, but it's a petal design that work very well.

Buy Now: EBC XC Contour Brake Rotors, X Series Contour Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

ebc_contour_xc_400_busa.jpg ebc_contour_xc_400_busa_rear.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

ebc_hayabusa1.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_400_busa.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_400_busa_rear.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

ebc_hayabusa1.jpg

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

truwrecks1.jpg

Tim,
Do you know if anyone has checked the EBC rear to see if it lines up or the holes are big enough for the RoadLoK?

Also, which would you recommend of the two between EBC and Galfer fronts?

Goodrich lines, Galfer rotors and ebc extreme pro pads made a big difference in the feel and lever travel on my GenI.

winterbikepics013.jpg

cheers
ken

Using Galfer front brake rotors,ebc bouble H brake pads,brembo brake calipers,aftermarket brake pump 19x20 and hel brake hoses.A great overall complete set up for the braking system.Looking to upgrade and try the ebc extreme brake pads

Last edited:
Tim,
Do you know if anyone has checked the EBC rear to see if it lines up or the holes are big enough for the RoadLoK?

Yes i am also interested to know for the rear ebc whether can it fit for the roadlok.FYI there is a thread stating about this inside this forum,there is one forumer who is currently using galfer rear brake rotor with roadlok and he says it fits perfectly well with it.I tried it myself the pin couldnt go into any holes at all,so i sold away my rear galfer and kept the roadlok instead

Tim,

Shawn, i had to enlarge 4 holes on my EBC rear to get the road lock to work. Used a dremel. I did 4 holes symetrically to even out any weight loss for balance. You have to roll the bike a bit farther hen locking, but i just lever lift the back end on the kick stand and turn the tire. I didnt want to get rid of either the rotor or the road lock!!!

I keep saying it... if you want to upgrade your brakes first swap the lever for an adjustable ratio radial level. After that you might be happy with everything else being left alone.

Shawn, i had to enlarge 4 holes on my EBC rear to get the road lock to work. Used a dremel. I did 4 holes symetrically to even out any weight loss for balance. You have to roll the bike a bit farther hen locking, but i just lever lift the back end on the kick stand and turn the tire. I didnt want to get rid of either the rotor or the road lock!!!

A great idea:thumbsup:

EBC Extreme pads for front, EBC HH for rear, EBC disks, Goodridge steel lines and ASV levers... for the clutch i cant recommened the OEM enough,,, i tryed EBC friction plates and took them out immediatly,,, very rough and grabby.

EBC Extremes are :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This one item can make a world of difference all on it's own.

+1, I had galfer lines and pads. After the Brembo 19x20 brakes felt 10x better. For pads Im using Vesrah RJL's, I like them alot better than the galfer HH pads. Also have Motosport.com Driven sport series rotors. After a couple months and a couple thousand miles I've had 0 issues with them. I'll be buying the same rotors and pads for the 600 after the holidays.

dsc02924.jpg

Back