Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight Question

when you replace the light
the lic plate light stays
in the same place
unless you are changing out the tail peice

I dont have the bike in front of me, so I cant look at it.

I dont want the turn signals, I want the integrated look.

I thought by chopping off the fender all the way, the license plate frame thing is somehow attached to it.

So the stock light is attached to the stock tail piece and is compatible with the integrated tail lights?

Im not replacing the tail piece, just want the integrated tail lights.

Looking at a youtube video, it looks like the license plate frame is attached to the rear plastic fender, so if I cut that off, I would need another means to attach the frame to the underside?

Im confused, if I had the bike in front of me it would make this easier!:whistle:

Looking at a youtube video, it looks like the license plate frame is attached to the rear plastic fender, so if I cut that off, I would need another means to attach the frame to the underside?

Im confused, if I had the bike in front of me it would make this easier!:whistle:

I used to have CA intergrated tail light and lens before I installed the HotBodies undertail. You have to cut the fender around the license plate bracket.

IMG_0366 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Sorry not the best picture, here is how my tail is cut. Left jsut enough of the plastic to bolt the license plate bracket(reversed) to. 4+ years no issues...

080317_062749.jpg

Sideview Cut Undertail.jpg

here is mine, I guess when you get up close you can see the um.. "custom" work. but at 150 its hard to tell. :whistle:

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

yeah, you use your stock plate light. the set up is the same to your stock tail light assembly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the quick reply.

Using the stock light seems to make sense to me.

Wouldnt it be possible to narrow that gap between the light and the plate?

You've been a great help, Thanks!

I am sure you could with some fabrication. Maybe some kind of L bracket? I just cut around the stock tail. Ordered a hide away license plate kit so I was not worried about moving the plate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually if you drill new holes on the tail you could put the plate as high as you want.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup:
You just gotta love this place

What You Ask For
Is
What You Get

INFO, PICS, NICE COMMENTS, ECT

Last edited:
Back