2010/11 Concours

Sannosuke

Registered
Does anyone know if the HID mod can be done to this bike?

... and yes, I'm seriously thinking of switching from the Hayabusa (to which I really REALLY love) to a new Concours.

Not as pretty nor fast but, more rider/passenger friendly. But the princible is I haven't even been over 200K this season, think my ridding style and priorities are changing but I still want power/handling with more long distance versatility so...!

Think you will miss that Busa. :whistle:

For comfort, I ride a Harley with the wife as passenger and in three months I have put almost the same miles on the Harley, as I have put on the Busa in 1 1/2 years.

But.....

Everytime I ride the Busa, I realize that it is the nicest bike I have ever ridden, and every ride is a unique experience. Just wish I lived next to the Monticello track, with twisties and almost a two mile straight.

Have you looked at the BMW R 1200 RT ? I am and will probably add it to my stable for Long Distance Traveling. Why ??? , well it comes with cruise control, GPS, heated grips, seat adjustable to height, 6.6 gal tank with 55 mpg availability :cheerleader: (meaning a true 300 mile range with a 1.6 gal reserve) , shaft drive, lighter than all the other bikes and hard luggage. Of course I ride ALONG so passenger comfort to me means NILL ! Everything I want without having to modify it after I buy it :thumbsup:

And my Busa, well, it stays for my shorter touring like a 3 day tour or an LD Rally :beerchug:

I priced a BRAND NEW 2009 Concours yesterday at local Kaw dealer: ABS model, for $10,800, + TTL.

It is tempting, for sure, and a LOT less expensive to buy, own, and operate than the Beemer.

I'm keeping my 'Busa, regardless.

CW

If you really plan to tour, I like the BMW's the best. You can option the thing like a car for great long distance comfort. If you are just doing occasional riding with the wife, you may want to look at other options if you don't want to spend that much. Some really like the Goldwing, it all depends on what your needs are... :beerchug:

I'd still keep the BUSA for you though because you will miss it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the idea of a GL1800 in the back of my mind alot...not gonna happen anytime soon.
I have a couple of dudes i know that have those C14's...One is very fast on his...handles pretty darn good for it's weight..gotta work Da Busa pretty hard to keep up if he's on the boil, in the twisty's.. can get by at will..if i want..still crazy fast on the street..to do so.

Man, if you want to do long distance riding, get a GoldWing. - Nothing, and I mean nothing, on two wheels is smoother or more comfortable for touring.

Man, if you want to do long distance riding, get a GoldWing. - Nothing, and I mean nothing, on two wheels is smoother or more comfortable for touring.

The Wing is a great tourer, no doubt. Arguably the most popular touring bike world-wide. But it's just waaay too much for me. Too big, too heavy, too wide, too long... I always ride solo, so the back seat is superfluous.

I'd prefer a convertible over the 'Wing...or my 'Busa. But that's just me.

No offense to you 'Wing lovers!!

Wings are great if they fit you. I have several friends who have them or are on their 3 or 4th Wing. But for me, I get a real pain between my shoulder blades and am very uncomfortable in the legs with their riding postion. So, what do I glean from this, some bikes fit certaint people, some don't. I for one, have always been comfortable on the Busa for 500 to 1,000 mile days with just a foot peg, helibar and seat change. :cheerleader:

Speaking of Wings, check out Youtube "Chester Goldwing Figure 8's" for some cool fun.

Pause the video at max lean angle to get a better sense of what the bike can do.

Not bad for 1,000 lbs of motorcycle.

Concours is a great purchase. Hard to look at the others when you start comparing prices.

Get the concours, sounds much better for your riding style. And they're nice bikes as well :thumbsup: As far as the HID question, I can't help you there...sorry :laugh:

The hID should not be a problem. There are kits for just about all makes and models.

I know I'll miss the Busa...

Only Hardly I'd really ever consider is the (Porch Design) V-Rod... and with all due respect, that's more then a step or two down from a Hayabusa.

The Busa is an all-around joy to ride and I do love her 'but' here in (Edmonton) Alberta you have to drive at least 50 miles for 2 or so miles of twisties.

Think you will miss that Busa. :whistle:

For comfort, I ride a Harley with the wife as passenger and in three months I have put almost the same miles on the Harley, as I have put on the Busa in 1 1/2 years.

But.....

Everytime I ride the Busa, I realize that it is the nicest bike I have ever ridden, and every ride is a unique experience. Just wish I lived next to the Monticello track, with twisties and almost a two mile straight.

I've looked at both the 1600 (and that one I love!!) and 1300 BMW and while they are great bikes, I just can't justify spending $30 or $26G's for something I can only use 4 months of the year.

Ride safe and have fun on which ever trip you go on! :thumbsup:

Have you looked at the BMW R 1200 RT ? I am and will probably add it to my stable for Long Distance Traveling. Why ??? , well it comes with cruise control, GPS, heated grips, seat adjustable to height, 6.6 gal tank with 55 mpg availability :cheerleader: (meaning a true 300 mile range with a 1.6 gal reserve) , shaft drive, lighter than all the other bikes and hard luggage. Of course I ride ALONG so passenger comfort to me means NILL ! Everything I want without having to modify it after I buy it :thumbsup:

And my Busa, well, it stays for my shorter touring like a 3 day tour or an LD Rally :beerchug:

Smoking price indeed! A local dealer has offered me an 09' but it's the 10'/11's that have the mods that for me, make it more desirable/worthwhile.

My wife is great in pretty much every aspect and supports me in whatever endeavor I embark upon 'but', she will not let me have two bikes in a climate barely long enough for one.

... and don't suggest me moving south! :laugh:

I priced a BRAND NEW 2009 Concours yesterday at local Kaw dealer: ABS model, for $10,800, + TTL.

It is tempting, for sure, and a LOT less expensive to buy, own, and operate than the Beemer.

I'm keeping my 'Busa, regardless.

CW

I too like the BMW's the best but our riding season just not long enough to spend on something for 4 months of the year.

The other 'option' was the Connie... :laugh:

Needs are I still want power/handling with touring capabilities... hence a sport tour!:beerchug:

My best buds ride 07' and 09' Wings and while they are 'hands down' the best tourer made, it's just not my style.

Tried to convince the wife that it would be folly to get rid of my Busa but she wasn't biting. The choices in a season already to short for one was just that, only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, me too but with some skill and luck I can foresee one of those when I'm in my 60's.:laugh:

Connie's are no slouches in the performance dept.! It's not going to compete with a Busa (or the like) obviously but for what it is, it's still pretty decent.

Have the idea of a GL1800 in the back of my mind alot...not gonna happen anytime soon.
I have a couple of dudes i know that have those C14's...One is very fast on his...handles pretty darn good for it's weight..gotta work Da Busa pretty hard to keep up if he's on the boil, in the twisty's.. can get by at will..if i want..still crazy fast on the street..to do so.

No truer statement then that with the exception that I don't want one. Someday perhaps but I still have a little bit of sport in my blood.

Back