DSC02071.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

AFTER:

DSC02504.jpg

After I took all my stuff off:

DSC02528.jpg

Today as it left :cry:

DSC02632.jpg

Went for a ride with my 7 year old daughter two sundays ago, and on our way home, some 17 year old kid pulled out in front of us. I braked hard to avoid him, but there was only about 2-3 carlengths and we were going 30 mph... Bike went down on the RH side, as you see and slammed into the front RH corner of his truck. Luckily,my daughter had only a small scrape on her knee, and NOTHING else.... My right leg took a big hit, and is still swollen, ten days later.

The adjuster quit adding up damaged parts when he hit 9k :eek3: Needless to say, it was totalled.

I managed to get almost all the aftermarket stuff off of it, since the lovely state I live in (IL) will not allow me to buy it back. I have Progressive, and my policy included 3k in aftermarket parts and accesories. My adjuster gave me "average retail", which pissed me off, since avg was 30k miles, mine was 15k. And immaculate. He understood and agreed, but said his hands were tied on that, but would make sure I got all 3k of the parts and accessories. He went above and beyond to make sure that happened.

Now to find me a GEN II:whistle:

BTW, I will NEVER ride again without ALL my gear. If I had my boots on, I would not have a single scratch on me..... I shudder when I think about the times I took her for a ride and did not have my helmet on since "I am with my daughter, we will just putt-putt"

Here is why:

WARNING: BRUISED LEG PICS, BUT NOTHING GORY

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

Very glad your daughter and yourself are okay... Looks like a messy bruise..

Ouch, glad to see you posting up. Get that leg looked at by a Dr. you could have clots or something else going on internally.

Hope your daughter isn't too traumatized by it all. Is she looking forward to the next ride yet?

Glad the two of you made it through ok. Bikes can always be replaced. I would definitely have that ankle and leg looked at. They don't look right. You could have some serious fractures, especially if it's been swollen for 10 days.

You should swap those chrome wheels with someone that has stockers...

Holy bruise!!
Glad your up and around tho, even better that your daughter is okay.

Time to go shoppin:thumbsup:

Wow, I agree you should get that leg checked. Im glad that it wasn't worst, and Super glad that your girl is ok. I hope you recover fast.

The wheels were dinged up, so I got a good price for them on from insurance.

I went to the ER and had the leg X-rayed, no fractures and had an MRI done today..... The swelling is starting to go down a little finally.

Hopefully the kid comes thru with insurance, because he got ticketed for no proof.... I stopped by his house today and his grandparents assured me he had it. I asked them to have him call my agent, because the claim is stalled until they find out if he does or doesn't have it

Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and daughter. Hope to see you back on a Gen II soon :)

Boy that looks like it's gonna hurt for a while, glad to hear that both you and your daughter walked away from this. Shame about your ride though.

Back