this might be stupid question. . .

shady08798

Registered
i have a gen 1 lowered with the strap in the front and links in the rear stretched 7 over but the question is what are the 2 brass colored nut/bolts on the triple tree by the reservoirs?

if your talkin bout the nuts on the triple tree, theyre for tightening/loosening the front dampner. if those are what your talking about, then you prob dont need to have the front and rear lower. just my opinion.

well i came home from a day of riding and happened to notice that the left side was up a good bit higher then the right side so i made it so they are even but how far down/up should they be

Need to see some pics. Also, I dont have them but I dont think it is recommended riding on the street with straps. Just be careful with them.

I think he is talking about the top of the fork cartridge that sticks up through the holes in the top clamp.

You can ride on the streets with a strap just make sure you loosen it so you have travel in the front suspension. You don't want to use it just to lower the bike. It's main purpose is to take the slack out of the front suspension as to not give it any momentum to come up when you launch the bike on the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back