A enjoyable Sunday ride!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
I was able to go out and enjoy my Sunday on the Busa! I left around 11 a.m. and headed south of the boarder. I stop to get fuel and a small bite to eat before I headed to a quiet fun and empty road. I ended up having the road to myself for several hours and got to play with my lines and work on getting some bad habits resolved. I didnt get home til round 5:30pm. But all in all it was a beautiful day! Here are some pictures to enjoy!

Last edited:
The helmet all bugged out! The Pilot Pures after the ride! (Front tire)

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

The awesome clear, clean, fast, twisty at times, and small rolling hills in parts road! The black lines are from the busa showing the road who's boss! The Pilot Pures dont have a chance of lasting!

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

After about 117 miles of fun.... I realized the gas gauge was pointing to E. I didnt realize how much time I had spent out there.... Believe it or not I got 28.7mpg from fill up to fill up playing around!:cheerleader: The busa usually gets Premium fuel, but the busa is flex fuel friendly too!

IMG_0043.JPG

Well after getting some fuel for the busa and a bite to eat again, I figured I would head out again and enjoy the nice day and the same road again!

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

After an hours worth of playing around and photo taking I had to head home. I had to make a fuel stop for the busa and a refreshment break for me. So the busa and I got some NOS. I put one in the tank of the busa, to reward it for safe passage!:laugh: And then I put one down for my empty tank!:beerchug: Again the busa showed how fuel efficient it was after playing and riding home from the boarder.... 34.7 mpg! Seriously I expected worse... :whistle: But The busa never failed me!:bowdown:

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

While I had this time and road to myself. I used it to practice braking from 50+ mph speeds to get more comfortable with the added braking power I added to the busa... HH brake pads, SS lines and a Brembo Radial master cylinder. Worked on only using the front brakes. Checked the suspension for balance front to rear. Opened the busa up on some straights to clean the carbon off the valves. Worked on foot and peg position. Worked on moving around on the busa. Just a few things to get myself more comfortable with the busa.

Looks like it was a fun day for you. Next time I am out that way, I'd like to make that trip with ya. Could probably use some good pointers myself.

Back