Woman w suspended license kills kid on scooter, gets 1 year and 40 days

Not tryin to be a jerk, but whats your connection to the story? This being your first post...

Last edited:
Not much connection. I was interested in other riders take on this story. Maybe I'm out of line but kind of raging that someone could run me over and orphan my kids, then get off scott free.

Shows what a Life is worth in Wyoming if you ride a scooter :whistle:

Of course here, where a DRUNK :alcoholic: runs over the TOP OF A BIKE, killing the rider. While he's DRUNK and on SLEEPING PILLS gets off with 6 months time served. Why ??? , because the Police didn't have him tested at the site (Officer admitts he smelled Alcho on him) , waited 1 hour to take him to the Hospital, he CRYS :talk2hand: ATTORNEY (it's a weekend so a Court Appointed Attorney has to wait until MONDAY) . So, NOTHING is done except he's put in JAIL :dud: .

Now you need to understand, this is a Person we FIRED for continuing to show up for work DRUNK, drinking ON THE JOB and has NUMEROUS prior DUI convictions and JAIL TIME. So, what does he finally get away with (AFTER KILLING SOMEONE AND LEAVING THE WIFE IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE) :::: 6 Months in the County Jail, a $$$$ Fine (he'll never pay because he doesn't work) and NOTHING ELSE !!

And YES, I know the guy who was killed. So, think I'am PI*********ED :rant:

Not much connection. I was interested in other riders take on this story. Maybe I'm out of line but kind of raging that someone could run me over and orphan my kids, then get off scott free.

Im with ya, that lady had no business on the road and even less havin a child. No car seat and left the kid in the ER?!! Not sure what the judge was thinkin, seems like abandoning a kid should get ya a year by itself.

Of course here, where a DRUNK :alcoholic: runs over the TOP OF A BIKE, killing the rider. While he's DRUNK and on SLEEPING PILLS gets off with 6 months time served. Why ??? , because the Police didn't have him tested at the site (Officer admitts he smelled Alcho on him) , waited 1 hour to take him to the Hospital, he CRYS :talk2hand: ATTORNEY (it's a weekend so a Court Appointed Attorney has to wait until MONDAY) . So, NOTHING is done except he's put in JAIL :dud: .

Now you need to understand, this is a Person we FIRED for continuing to show up for work DRUNK, drinking ON THE JOB and has NUMEROUS prior DUI convictions and JAIL TIME. So, what does he finally get away with (AFTER KILLING SOMEONE AND LEAVING THE WIFE IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE) :::: 6 Months in the County Jail, a $$$$ Fine (he'll never pay because he doesn't work) and NOTHING ELSE !!

Hope thats not in Colorado or I'm really screwed. Time to up the old life insurrance!!!

Im with ya, that lady had no business on the road and even less havin a child. No car seat and left the kid in the ER?!! Not sure what the judge was thinkin, seems like abandoning a kid should get ya a year by itself.

Ya one comment said felony property destruction was worth three years, go figure.

its a sad situation that she killed the kid...but that said you dont need a license to drive(there is an enumerated and un-enumerated right to travel) she is liable to the the family for damages and hopefully she will be in debted for years to come

:welcome: and we see every day stories like these where killing a individual is not punished...if using a vehicle...

:rulez: and that's why i am rewriting Wyoming's ROW law. i have a few sponsors but am still working on the wording. it won't be perfect, but i hope to make it better. :rulez:

nothing pisses me off more than the law just not giving a flying fart for my life and the lives of my friends.
it puts off the message "if you want to get away with murder, use your car/truck/van!" as long as your not drunk (or even if you are and lawyer up) you will walk with the equivalent of a slap on the wrist.

ITS WRONG BROTHERS AND SISTERS! its wrong, and i am not going to just gripe about it anymore, i am going to do something about it. its not the 1st law i have attacked.

:director:I DECLARE WAR ON POOR DRIVERS! :moderator:

:rulez: and that's why i am rewriting Wyoming's ROW law. i have a few sponsors but am still working on the wording. it won't be perfect, but i hope to make it better. :rulez:

nothing pisses me off more than the law just not giving a flying fart for my life and the lives of my friends.
it puts off the message "if you want to get away with murder, use your car/truck/van!" as long as your not drunk (or even if you are and lawyer up) you will walk with the equivalent of a slap on the wrist.

ITS WRONG BROTHERS AND SISTERS! its wrong, and i am not going to just gripe about it anymore, i am going to do something about it. its not the 1st law i have attacked.

:director:I DECLARE WAR ON POOR DRIVERS! :moderator:

I've been feeling exactly the same. Let me know for sure if theres anything I can do to help!

A life isn't worth spit nowadays, its all about lawyers and the all mighty buck. And a ridiculously overly complex, to the point of non functioning justice system, doesn't help either :disagree: :banghead:
Common sense and true justice left the building a long, long time ago.

Back