Bike Stand Benefits

rdj6107

Registered
is there a benefit to having bike stands besides being easier to clean rims? are they recommended for storage? front and rear or just rear?

For me they are a "must have"

For cleaning wheels, lubeing and adjusting chains, checking the bike over,
generaly I use one for ANY bike work or cleaning. Got 3 rear's, 1 front and
a lift bench. If you have any interest in cleaning or working on your bike I
consider them worth while.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Cleaning, working on your bike, easier to remove the wheels and even easier to take off the plasctics when it's upright.

great to use for all 3. If you have long winters put the bike up and get the weight off the the tires. Take you own rims off for tire changes, saving money. And it makes ya look like ya have a race bike in pics:laugh:

For me they are a "must have"

For cleaning wheels, lubeing and adjusting chains, checking the bike over,
generaly I use one for ANY bike work or cleaning. Got 3 rear's, 1 front and
a lift bench. If you have any interest in cleaning or working on your bike I
consider them worth while.

I like that lift. :thumbsup:

Definitely worth it for carrying out maintenance on your bike. So much easier than struggling to carry out the same tasks when the bike is on it's side stand.:thumbsup:

Only way I can get my oil drain pan to fit under the bike. Best way to do any kind of cleaning or maintainence. Plus, mine have paid for themselves in the $50 a pop savings between "taking the wheels in" and "bringing the bike" for tire changes.
When you get stands, spend the $$ and get GOOD ones. Cheap weebly (Lockhart Phillips for example) stands are a PITA, and just plain dangerous.

having a 8" over does or does not play a factor when putting bike up on bike stands? sorry i should have asked this in the 1st post.

If you get them you will wonder how you did it without them. Makes life much easier while doing anything on the bike.

Redline Stands will work fin on you extended bike. No spools required

I use mine when Cleaning the bike. taking plastic's off. coolant flush.. any type of bike work.. storage.. just 2 days ago i had to get new rubber on the back. and I dont let anyone ride my bike.. so I take the shop my rim and they mount the tire and I put the rim on my bike.. that way people at the shop cant " test ride " my bike.

having a 8" over does or does not play a factor when putting bike up on bike stands? sorry i should have asked this in the 1st post.

no different, just need a little more leverage to pick it up. You just stretched, not wide, correct?

winter- avoid flat spots on the tires from sitting, avoid a potential tip over due to the claimed faulty kick stand, and convenient maintenance.

yeah just strecthed no wide tire :unhappy . i hope to 1 day mount a 240 but departing with $3500 isnt in the cards right now.

i like my rear stand.. its usefull.. it has the fork adapter but i havent had the nuts to try it..

i ride the bike on to the rollers for the front and lift the rear .. 12 pk of coors light later she is sparkling...

i messed up on night and lifted it, and washed it outside... i was too drunk to put it back down and move it... now it all happens in the garage :whistle:

Back