Future of the Busa

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight I'm reading the latest Cycle World mag with the new Kakasaki. 200 hp and all the electronic bells and wistles. Also the new Duc 848 doing the 1/4 in 10.59. Then a rotary hybrid with 150 torque.

Sigh....

Is the end of our beloved Busa in sight?

At least I have an excuse, I can call it my old man's crotch rocket.
Posted via Mobile Device

Even if those bikes are faster, they are still not as comfortable as the busa. Comfort > Power. Busa is a great balance of both.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup, its time has come. I look at it cost wise. If it costs $16,000 to get a 200hp to rear wheel, electronic gadgets galore Busa, then they will not sell as well as they have. If they can keep the price down but performance increasing, then they will probably continue to sell well. A $12,000 2012 Busa would sell just fine for what it is. It is not a track day racer. It is the hot, all around street bike with an attitude. In fact a more streetable version comfort wise would be great with 200hp to the rear wheel.

Bike prices are getting way too expensive and soon the sales numbers will drop off of the high end models more than usual. 600cc bikes are the best sellers..........

The Busa will not be the fastest bike forever. Neither will any other bike. Regardless of whatever else is out there the Busa will always be one of life's great experiences.

Torque, my friends.

Nothing matches the Bus for torque.

Can you put that new ZX into 6th at 20 mph and ride the torque?

Nope.

600cc bikes are the best seller
they are the best seller now because they are now the price of what i had paid for my busa five years ago, I was at our dealer the other week and he tried to sell me a leftover busa for 14,200 i :rofl: then asked him if he was crazy

Stuff like those regulations are going to put an end to all fast bikes. If thats true (which I still find a little hard to believe ??? ) Then fast bikes as we're used to in the US are going to become a thing of the past. The new zx10 just became slower than the currrent 10 according to the above information :banghead:

Gee...should I start ripping on the ineptitude of Suzuki managment and the
warmed over Gen 1.5 decade old half :moon: update YET AGAIN....NAH.

But like I've said at least 10 times already...if Suzuki had done a decent job...
we wouldn't have threads like these. :whistle:

But if the kool-aid drinkers think Suzuki has a magic treasure chest of goodies
waiting to be unleashed to appease your desires :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Suzuki gives not one iota of crap about us or any customers...short sighted
money vision is all Suzuki managment is reduced to (and it happened LONG
LONG before the economy tanked).

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight I'm reading the latest Cycle World mag with the new Kakasaki. 200 hp and all the electronic bells and wistles. Also the new Duc 848 doing the 1/4 in 10.59. Then a rotary hybrid with 150 torque.

Sigh....

Is the end of our beloved Busa in sight?

At least I have an excuse, I can call it my old man's crotch rocket.
Posted via Mobile Device

For me, it doesn't matter what comes out. It can have 200-250hp, If I can't be comfortable riding for more than 20 hours in a day, it's not for me. That's what I love about my Busa. It has the power, the comfort, and the looks.

Man, I love this bike!!!:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:
4584580115_ae414a721a_b.jpg

i have always kind of thought that one day, eventually the busa would migrate towards the way of the concours 14.. i'd buy one. hyperformance touring :)

On the up side if the busa is no longer the fastest maybe the insurance rates will go down.:thumbsup: Wishfull thinking?

Back