Grab Bar

poindexter

Registered
i guess I would have to cut my hump to be able to have the grab bar permanently installed. Is that about right? Any tips, or just dremmel away? I don''t like the thought of having to do it that way

Depending on your skill, that is the only way to do it. Just do it painstakingly slow, or you will do the "ah, crap, thats going to cost me." But if you do it right, it could look like this.

Kevins_house_3.jpg

I have my hump taped up and ready to be cut but I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet. I got to thinking about changing out the bar to the aftermarket handles and was wondering if they are similiar in size or if i cut the hump for the stock bar is it going to look stupid with aftermarket pieces that could be a designed a little different at the mounting holes. Something to think about I suppose.

Just say no to the hump mod. It's 4 bolts to remove the bar, come on.

Last edited:
I don't think that the OP was asking what they should or should not do to mod their own bike, I am pretty sure that they were asking how.

Just saying.

Depending on your skill, that is the only way to do it. Just do it painstakingly slow, or you will do the "ah, crap, thats going to cost me." But if you do it right, it could look like this.

Agreed i'd start very small and work your way up till it fits. I bought a used one locally cheap that had been cut for the bar and its horrible, they are so big even with the bar on you can see em, just said the hell with it and pulled the bar off so i could run the hump. Gotta figure out how to patch it this winter:banghead:

I'd use a dremel and take your time:thumbsup:

I did the mod on my KING (bikes name) and mine looks great. If you do it right you can hardly see the cuts they look like they belong. Dremmell and measure three times.

Back