BEWARE-Clear Alternatives is GONE

flynlow

Registered
If you didn't know already Clear Alternatives, known for their LED tail lights are no longer in business. That is what I was told via phone (866-CLR-LENS).
I inquired about my 6 mos. old sequential tail light that has narrowed down to only 1 row illuminating and was given an apology instead of a replacement (lifetime warranty?).
Buy their products with the now given knowledge that when your C.A. light breaks, throw it away!

THAT'S F'ED UP As I JUST installed mine not even two weeks ago!!!!! ANd 'lifetime warranty' was one of my deciding factors....

Clear Alternatives isn't gone, simply went bankrupt.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pash...nth-backorder-clear-alt-led-turn-signals.html

One of their employees bought the company, changed the header on the header at the top of the website and full speed ahead. Site is still there and you can place order today.

No change to their product line or even part number system so far. Advice though is if you buying direct, check with them first if they have the item in stock or are waiting on shipments to come in.

Front turn signal lens kits are very popular, we stock them, and just shipped out a clear set yesterday. The LED kits are most popular and we're looking at 2 months on those.

From Clear Alternatives.com

"Warranty Policy. We offer a (non transferrable) life time warranty. For all warranty issues regardless of where you purchased our products, you can send to the address below. We will only replace or repair any defective items that are covered in our warranty period. Please include a note explaining the defect. Please be sure to print your name, address and phone number legibly on the note. Place note with defective unit in box together, thanks. "

So are you saying that this still holds true as the guy on the phone only said one year....

Curious if the new owner will honoring the lifetime warranty ??? If there is a change in policy be good to know about it. If there is no longer a life time warranty people need to know about it.

My friend has one of there tail lights he has to send it back twice in two years get it fixed. If the warranty is only a year he may want to try a different brand.

Exactly what I'm thinking.. And Imma be pissy. The day I got pic challenge w/ the red bull truck was day one of me having my sequential tail light installed.

Good riddance. I've always had problems with their products. Cheap crap.

After a few phone calls and help from Brian at Eastern Performance, Moto Lume has taken over Clear Alternatives. They will honor any defective product from C.A. purchased within a year. They will resume production of their lights under the C.A. mark with a lifetime (again?) warranty.
Those needing warranty info. 888-668-5863. Guy I spoke with seemed genuine and told me turn around is a couple days. You pay shipping to them, any carrier, and they return ship free from same shipping carrier. Fair enough to me. We'll see how it goes.

Every time I see their name come up it seems to be connected with a problem? And it seems like I've seen it a lot lately ???

Last edited:
Update; I sent my tail light w/copy of my receipt via USPS priority with tracking and insurance to Moto Lume on 10/20. Through tracking, I found it was delivered on 10/22. Today, 10/27, my new light has arrived. No note or correspondence of any type, but they did honor the CA warranty and sent me a new light. I'm happy! :cheerleader:

Again, my understanding is Moto Lume, which recently took over Clear Alternative, will only warrant the CA product for 1 year from your date of purchase. A pretty stand-up approach, IMO, to cover a product that technically isn't theirs.

I posted in another thread about waiting 5 months for a no show from C.A. After a couple calls and wrong part shipped by Moto Lume, I finally got my gen2 smoked front signals! M.L did right by me were C.L dropped the ball!
Remember the many problems C.A had, it seems M.L is trying hard to fix that and gain a good reputation. They seem to be off to a good start, and it can't be easy taking over a mismanaged business.

Wow 5 months? I ordered from Eastern and got mine in a few days.

I agree, Moto Lume has got their hands full trying to overcome the troubles that CA has left them. The QC was non existent, customer service was poor as was the ability to stand behind the very attractive products they produced. I really hope ML can overcome these shortfalls and continue with the products that almost sell themselves.

Back