Tired of dealing with this!!!

Busa_Powered

Registered
I know it can be done, removing the baffles on the Yoshi R-22's

These are the bling cans

I look up the hole in the bottom of the tip, but dont see what an allen wrench would fit into. There is something there but the head doesnt seem to be compatible with an allen wrench.

Am I missing something?

These guys here have the same exhaust as I do, they got their baffles removed, what am I doing wrong? What size allen wrench do I need?

I used the search, but am still stumped.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/81907-yoshi-r22.html

Gets it on the 2nd page

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene.../102902-yoshi-r-22-blings-like-rag-mouth.html

All the Yosh cans I've worked on had an internal pipe welded to the inlet piece running through the can that fit very firmly into the end cap. You would have to drill out all the rivets around the endcap. Then take a rubber/plastic mallet and tap and work off the end piece.

Last edited:
Thats what I have been told, but two people on here removed the baffles very easily. I'm wondering what they did!!!

All the Yosh cans I've worked on had an internal pipe welded to the inlet piece running through the can that fit very firmly into the end cap. You would have to drill out all the rivets around the endcap. Then take a rubber/plastic mallet and tap and work off the end piece.

that's what i've heard too

Thats what I have been told, but two people on here removed the baffles very easily. I'm wondering what they did!!!

some of the Yoshi pipes have an easily removable baffle with just 1 allen screw near the pipe exit. Other older models do not have a removable baffle. I've called and talked to Yoshi about this in the past, and I believe some of their older rs22s did not have it. They will offer to send you a new baffle without the silencer for like 68 bux. But if you have the kind that doesn't have the removeable silencer, there is no way to get it out without cutting the baffle, which will negatively affect your backpressure.

send an email here: sales@yoshimura-rd.com

I can't rememebr the girl's name, but she helped me with mine several times. or call them here: Phone: (909) 628-4722 (pacific time)

another option would be to cut the pipe down short for a better sound. it's free. Post up what you find out, so we know.

I dont know what year they are, they were on the bike when I bought it from the dealership, the bike is an 06 though

Its real hard to get underneath it to see, the tire is in the way. I cant get an allen wrench and see what Im doing at the same time, going in blind! I emailed them at the link you provided, the phone just rang

different bike/model of YOSH but might help:
- How to remove silencer from Yoshimura exhaust[/url]

Another from YOSH itself (again, different pipe R55):

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I just watched those videos before you posted them

Mine do not have the Red attachment to it.

Mine are like these
- Yoshimura Road Pipe Index: R-22[/url]

Anyway, I got some good light to it. And it looks like one of the bolts is missing on one side, and its still there on the other.

I guess the previous owner tried the same thing, and couldnt get the baffles out.

They dont just pull out like the videos show! so the bolt is out, but the baffle is still stuck in there.

Mine are like these

Anyway, I got some good light to it. And it looks like one of the bolts is missing on one side, and its still there on the other.

I guess the previous owner tried the same thing, and couldnt get the baffles out.

They dont just pull out like the videos show! so the bolt is out, but the baffle is still stuck in there.

keep trying to call them. blow the fone up. remember it's pacific time, and when you called it was only 7 am there. Also, if you can't get the baffle out it may be because on some models, it's welded. that's what I'm trying to say... you might not be able to remove it. don't do anything hasty with your pipe until you talk to yosh.

Mine are like these

They are a very tight fit. The only thing holding the baffles in are the single bolts underneath and friction. Use lots of WD40 around the baffle edges, let them soak overnight, then wiggle the heck out of them as you work them out. With time and heat they really get stuck in there pretty good :banghead: Be patient and don't tear your shid up :thumbsup:

Back