New owner- first bike gen2

eric wiseman

Registered
Turned 25, and decided to pull the trigger. I've always had the itch for a busa. Since the 99 coppers came out I've wanted a busa but it's always been in my blood to ride. I was trying to listen to my friends; get a "beginner" bike- a older f4i, a vfr, a sporty 883, anything but "an uncontrollable fast bike that doesn't stop or turn." Well after doing my research, and watching all the other bikes I had my eye in go, the same day I found a 09 black with 1406 on the clock. She is cherry. Talked to owner (thank you .org classifieds) and 5 days later me and a friend made the trip to get her. Jeremy rode it back, offered to switch and have me ride my new toy. I just said "you enjoy it." I dropped him off at his place and started her up and flipped to c mode. With some 4 wheeler practice shifting in my past I was on my way.

9 days. From 1406 miles to 2596 miles. It's everything I thought it would be. My friends that ride hd said they can't believe how good I'm doing on it. My chicken strips are about 2 inches on either side. Being easy on the speeding. Learning how to respect it.

I wish I did this years ago. No matter what happened that day, it's been the greatest therapy to ride after work. I've got pazzos ordered, a battery tender, full set of vortex sliders ready to go on this weekend.

All I have to say is if Antibes thinking about a gen 2, do it. It is what the hype makes it out to be. Good riding and keep the shiny side up

Last edited:
Thats the way it should be. get your riding i now bro, the Michagin winter isnt gonna be much fun for ya now:whistle:

Pics soon to come in the morning. And as for michigan winters... I put in 40 miles on the highway, it was around 35-38, I invested in crappy cat gloves for under my Dianese, and a snowmobile balaclava for under the suomy lol. Heated grips will be going on this winter so I can get her out early march without hesitation. I can keep out of the gas but when my... Eh, hmm..... Uhhh... When my twig and berries become tonsils I'm out in the cage. I'm hoping to stretch it to November and have her out in march. That's only 4 months without riding. It might kill me waiting lol.

On another note... Almost made good use out of the sliders that aren't on yet... As well as the kickstand mod I was shooting for this weekend. I went in a lot, got my stand down, and just was setting it on the stand... Rolled forward (the one time I didn't stay in 1st cause they roll off the stand) and thankfully my reactions were good and she didn't go over. My groin muscle and hip are now checked out on a medical leave of absence from my body it appears. I'm walking with the greatest old man limp on my left side.

It's the little unexpected crap. Which is why I zip and snap and Velcro everything for a 3 mile ride to lunch. Shouldve been more ready for her to not be sturdy on the stand.

Pics tomorrow:beerchug:

Back