help

jolsona

Registered
i have a 2006 hayabusa and love it.... but want more hp... i already have power commander full micron system... please help i know you can go turbo or a big bore kit... or nos.. i am looking for mods or other things i can do

Air box mod, short stacks, cams and gearing would be a start.
A little more info would also help the folks here start you in the right direction. As in the application your wanting/needing more power for as in drag racing, LSR, street racing or just for the thrills of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

used to street race untill we all got caught now hit the strip every other weekend... just looking for extra hp

used to street race untill we all got caught now hit the strip every other weekend... just looking for extra hp

How much Hp ya want and how much are you willing to spend? Answers those, mostly the 2nd one and we'll get ya set up right.

Cheapest way to go quicker would be sprockets. Under $100, great for the strip, but you'll lose top end.

A few hundred will get ya a nice NOS setup.

$4200-11,000 gets ya Turbo'd.
http://rccturbos.com/product-catalogue?page=shop.browse&category_id=1

Some wheels will free up Hp ya already got, CZ's or BST's

thats my 02 for ya

Go Turbo

2008_Hayabusa_Su_49008d5f0087a.jpg

i have a 2006 hayabusa and love it.... but want more hp... i already have power commander full micron system... please help i know you can go turbo or a big bore kit... or nos.. i am looking for mods or other things i can do
Like somebody else mentioned I would start with sprockets. 16/42 gearing will make a huge difference in acceleration for not much money, and is easy to do. And you'll still keep a decent top end. Then the next steps up all involve more work and money...it just depends how much you want to spend.
So how much you want to spend? :laugh:

ok i have looked int o big bore kits and turbo chrger and super charger but everyone that i know that has done one has always had problems.. this bike is still used as a daily driver. sorry and sprokets have been done as well.... they are 16 /42

Just go turbo you wont regret it
all the money you will spend on the
other mods you could put towards
a turbo system and be done with it
and be happy with the power

I will never turbo another bike again. That was the worst headache I've ever dealt with. Turbo's aren't for a daily bike. A bigbore is the way to go. When I had my 1397, it was the best streetbike I ever had. Just make sure to do a street 1397 kit, not the high compression 1397 race. Though if you can swing the coin, also do a ported head and cams.

Last edited:
Actually, doing a turbo right is all about not cutting corners and most important is getting your bike tuned RIGHT. Turbo's turn minor problems into big one's in no time.

ok i have looked int o big bore kits and turbo chrger and super charger but everyone that i know that has done one has always had problems.. this bike is still used as a daily driver. sorry and sprokets have been done as well.... they are 16 /42

Did you have the bike tuned by a pro after the exhaust install ???

What are you going to be doing with the bike racing and daily driver ??? If yes what kind of racing ???

Busa has more acceleration and top speed than you can use on the street. Or rather than you should use on the street. :laugh:

Quite a few people here have gone that route with a low boost stage one and have kept it as a daily driver. Seems like the most important thing is having it properly installed and tuned.

Back