Accident on Saturday

Busa_Powered

Registered
SUV in front of me was cut off by a driver that fled the scene

I tried to avoid rear ending it by getting into the right lane.

I clipped the rear bumper with my front fender/tire and hit the pavement there.

So there is damage on the right and left side.

Had the jacket/gloves/helmet on, so Im okay, just sore in the shoulder, ribs area.

The third picture is the opposite side, thats what hit the SUV.

Also damage to mirrors, brake lever etc, peg.

Scratched up exhaust, not sure what they can do about that.

1003101614-00.jpg

1004101019-00.jpg

1004101020-00.jpg

1004101020-02.jpg

1004101021-00.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like this is the first post of someone NOT speeding and getting into a wreck. Sorry to see all the damage but darn glad your OK. Gear is worth its wieght in gold when you need it. Your bike sure took some hits. I would have darn near pissed myself if it happened to me, then I would have been set on kill for the offending driver......

All I can say is wow, glad your OK.

I was at a traffic light, in the left lane, a few cars back.

The right lane, once it clears the intersection, is a right turn only lane to get on the freeway.

Car was in the right lane, cut off the driver in front of me to get into the left lane, then had to stop fast, cause the car in front of it was turning right.

Thats what I was told anyway, didnt see all of it.

Had alot of great people help me at the scene, I was kind of loopy and out of it.

Its not the SUV's fault, I hit grazed her right bumper trying to miss her.

I'm filing on insurance, getting an estimate on Friday, soonest I can get it.

I dont know how much it would cost to repair it, any ideas?

Glad you're okay!
You've got about $1500 in just OEM plastics. (fender $160, cowl $300, under cowling $500 X2)

damn damn sorry to hear this... glad you are ok and i hope destiny/karma will catch up that suv driver :thumbsup:

Glad you're okay!
You've got about $1500 in just OEM plastics. (fender $160, cowl $300, under cowling $500 X2)

+1 I had an accident last year with a deer and messed up my right side fairing and upper cowling. Side fairing is two separate pieces, I thought it was one whole piece.
Plastics is not cheap, I paid well over $1000 bucks outapocket.

The hardest part is going online and looking for all the parts,big headache:laugh:

Glad to see you're ok with only minor bumps and bruises. Give me a call if you'd like to price a few things out. I can help you out if you want to go with brand new OEM stuff

Back