Yup my 08 got hit too...dang kids...

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
So i ride down to Baltimore to the Fells Point Festival today, walked around got some food enjoyed the crowd..

Take about a 2 hour ride and head back home and as I pulled up I see the neighbor girl across the street come outside with her date all dressed up looking lovely for the homecoming dance so I stopped for a quick second looked over told her she looked fantastic... have a good time...:thumbsup:

I go in the house sit on the couch and look outside where I have Kayma parked in front of my mailbox ( as always), and I see them loading up and getting ready to go.
About 10 seconds later...skrrrrench!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hear Holy ShT!
I look out the window and there's Kayma..laying over on her side...kid backed RIGHT into her.

Neighbor helps me lift her up, the kids (driver) mom is there, very apologetic, kids scared out of his mind and shaking looking at me like he knows hes about to die???

I told them just go to the dance, your mom and i will deal with it..he's so nervous he can't even speak..
Mom tells me she doesnt want to report it, asks me if I can get the estimate and let her know and she would pay for it.
The she asks me about how much did I think it was gonna cost..I said MY estimate is around 2 to 3G's w labor...who knows though depends on the bike shop...

So....
Left fairing cracked, needs to be replaced
Left nose fairiing scratched all to hell, needs to be replaced
Stator cover all scratched needs to be replaced
Clutch Lever broken, needs to be replaced
Shifter peg broken needs to be replaced
CARBON FIBER F*&^$&^ mirrors from Japan...need to be replaced(left side):banghead:

Nothing I can do, no sense in being mad at the kid at this point....think I'm gonna go call my cousin and go out for a beer..???

Stay safe peeps!

Bikes can always be fixed but it is a f*^k*d up feeling when your baby goes down. Sorry...have 2 beers!!!!

that blows man. Hopefully the parts can be gathered quick. I would get some estimates, get the parts and then fix it myself and make out with some pocket change if she wants to pay out of pocket. My :2cents:

That sucks man hope all is fix soon......as for the young man well he most likely learnt a lesson his mother will keep reminding him of for some time.

sorry it happened man.
when i had my crash, all right side plastic got replaced, including front one, peg, mirror. 4k overall including labor.

I think you have the right attitude! Bikes can be replaced.Have a beer or 2 and just fix er up yerself.

Sorry Angel, I hate that this happened... Fwiw, think you handled it the right way.

that blows man. Hopefully the parts can be gathered quick. I would get some estimates, get the parts and then fix it myself and make out with some pocket change if she wants to pay out of pocket. My :2cents:

True..gotta see how it pans out and whre the HEJJ have YOU been dude? havent seen you at all this summer bro???

Last edited:
That sucks man hope all is fix soon......as for the young man well he most likely learnt a lesson his mother will keep reminding him of for some time.

Yeah he won't soon remember it since he's across the street a lot, he IS the neighbor's daughter's boyfriend so I see his jeep there alot fo the time...he seems like a nice kid though..accidents happen bro..

sorry it happened man.
when i had my crash, all right side plastic got replaced, including front one, peg, mirror. 4k overall including labor.

???WOW! I thought I was aiming high when I said 2 3 G's tops!???

Well whatever it tuens out to be, I think I keep Kayma in pretty good shape so I want her like new again thats for sure

Oh man, sorry Angel, that sucks bro.

Yeah bro...sht happens dude..I told my neighbor to call his daughter at the dance and to tell the boyfriend to not let it ruin his night or hers...things happen

Sorry Angel, I hate that this happened... Fwiw, think you handled it the right way.

Thanks...I think so...I told my neighbor the kid caught me at the right end of the ride...when I was already back and relaxed from a nice long ride...:laugh:

wow thats a great kind of attitude to have at least you didnt make the kid feel like crap, and told them have to good time. good luck with your bike

I would have told his mom to buy the parts and have the kid put the bike back together with you supervising. That way he learns a Lesson about motorcycles and how NOT to back into them..............

Back