Is the busa for me?

CDN Outlaw

Registered
Howdy guys and gals

I'm on the hunt for my next bike and from all my research, I keep coming back to the busa.

Me: late 30's, 6'4, 215lbs
Riding style: 80% touring 20% aggressive.
I'm trying to eliminate the aggressive driving off the street and leave it at the track, but it's hard to fight temptation when staring down that long, empty, twisty road. But I'm trying.

What I'm looking for in a bike. In no particular order.

1. Power on tap. When I get the "need for speed" I would like to have that insane power on tap

2. Confort for touring. Solo and 2up. I tend to do a lot of 600 mile day trips and being tall, I need a bike that won't leave feeling like a pretzel at the end of the day.

3. Reliability. Nothing I've researched on the busa has sent me running for this hills, so I'm thinking the busa is a pretty reliable bike.

Ever since the GenII came out, I've been eyeing this bike and I think I'm ready to make the purchase.

So is the busa for me?

Would love to hear some thoughts and suggestion.

Thanks everyone.

Sounds like you may have found the right bike.

Have you ever ridden a sport bike, If not it may take a little while to get used to the riding position but you will, But as far as comfort compared to other sportbikes this is the one to get.

Sounds like you need a Busa. You can always get Heli bars for more comfort on long trips. I have Heli bars and like them.

With your height honestly a ZX-14 will fit you better. This is a Hayabusa site, but its all about you.

Sounds like you may have found the right bike.

Have you ever ridden a sport bike, If not it may take a little while to get used to the riding position but you will, But as far as comfort compared to other sportbikes this is the one to get.

All I've ridden is sport bikes. Some of my friends ride cruisers and we switch it up once in a while for a change, but the cruiser is not for me.

All though I love the power of the 1000's, they don't cut it for touring. Especially when the wife rides with me. That's why I keep coming back to the busa. Best of all worlds. I think my decision was already made lol just wanted some feedback from fellow busa riders. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the oRg and good luck with your purchase. I dont think you will be disappointed. :welcome:

With your height honestly a ZX-14 will fit you better. This is a Hayabusa site, but its all about you.

Agree for tall riders. Heli's only help . Not a real fix as i see it. In town still sucks

I don't like the 14 though . I'm going to the VFR1200F.Feels perfect at first sit
:thumbsup:

Hmmm.....interesting. From all the reviews I've found on the busa and zx14, they give the upper hand to the zx14 for more of an upright position but give the busa a better review for sportiness when carving twisties.

and i like carving twisties lol....

With your height honestly a ZX-14 will fit you better.

May be true, But do you really want to ride around looking like this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

==========================================================

Dr_Jumba.jpg

review_sentinel_1.jpg

waternoose.jpg

I agree with the other's that you won't be disappointed. I have the Heli bars on mine and they do help as far as comfort goes but definately still not a cruiser. The Busa is a big girl and 2 up is comfortable. The smaller sportbikes leave the passengers backside stuck up in the air and the wifey wouldn't go for that. "Power on tap" would never be an issue! Welcome to the Org and good luck in your decision.:thumbsup:

Howdy guys and gals

I'm on the hunt for my next bike and from all my research, I keep coming back to the busa.

I'm trying to eliminate the aggressive driving off the street and leave it at the track, but it's hard to fight temptation when staring down that long, empty, twisty road. But I'm trying.

1. Power on tap. When I get the "need for speed" I would like to have that insane power on tap

2. Confort for touring. Solo and 2up. I tend to do a lot of 600 mile day trips and being tall, I need a bike that won't leave feeling like a pretzel at the end of the day.

3. Reliability. Nothing I've researched on the busa has sent me running for this hills, so I'm thinking the busa is a pretty reliable bike.

Ever since the GenII came out, I've been eyeing this bike and I think I'm ready to make the purchase.

So is the busa for me?

Thanks everyone.

With everything you listed in your list! Yes the Busa fits what you are seeking!!:thumbsup:

Howdy guys and gals

So is the busa for me?

Thanks everyone.
The busa isn't really the best choice for 600 miles days, especially for tall guys (I'm also 6'4) and not good at all for passenger comfort for long trips like that. The 80% touring/20% aggressive isn't really busa territory either :( The only area it fits your needs is the insane power and reliability :thumbsup: It sounds like maybe you should be looking at something along the lines of a connie 14 or maybe the new BMW 1300 sport tourers (or even the couple years older BMW 1200), all very quick, nice handling bikes for their size, but comfy enough to ride all day for you and your wife without her and you hating the trip because of the pain :(
There's only so much you can do to a busa to make it more comfy :laugh:
I have to add, like some other guys have said the ZX14 is much more comfy for long rides than the busa ( I own one), especially for taller riders, and is a great bike as well :thumbsup: If you're used to sportbikes maybe you could adjust to 600 mile days on a busa at 6'4. Not so sure how much your wife would enjoy it though :banghead: My wife would never do it :laugh: But then neither would I :rofl:

Last edited:
Wow, great feedback everyone.

: It sounds like maybe you should be looking at something along the lines of a connie 14 or maybe the new BMW 1300 sport tourers (or even the couple years older BMW 1200), :rofl:

The concours 14 is a beautiful bike. Once the fire of sport bike riding has gone out, this will be my bike. But, I'd like to think I still have many more years of sport riding left in me. Doing 600 mile days on a ss isn't a problem for me aside from a little stiffness that usually goes away with a quick coffee break. So I think the busa would be a step up in comfort.

Thanks for the feedback. Lots to consider. :beerchug:

Back