pit bull bike stand

I hold the bike up with the right hand get the stand ready with the left and poof the bike it up. Some people use the grab bar(if installed), or remove the hump/seat to grab the lock bar to hold the bike up.

Only part that gives me the heebies is when I put it back down on the kickstand always have the worst run through my mind. Just be sure to double check before taking it down.

^^^^like he said, it does get easier after doing it a few times. If im not mistaken there are some videos on pitbulls website that demonstrate how to do it.

I use a front and rear stand.

I was afraid of removing the rear stand.

Now I just put the kick stand down, grab the rear bar/seat lock, use a velcro strap to lock the front brake. This way I know the bike won't roll forward.

If you can get a sport chock for the front wheel, the bike stays upright and doesn't move.

I put a block of wood under the kickstand to hold the bike up almost vertically. On a Gen I there's a grab bar beside the rear seat in the rear cowling. Grab it with your left hand and the stand in your right and up she goes.
To lower the bike just turn the bars to the left and make sure the kickstand is down. The bike will naturally want to lean left. I have removed the stand without even hanging on to the bike.

There is a grab bar on the left hand side of the tail on the Gen I's; I either use the the rear seat grabbar or that tail one...

I position it under the rear swingarm, stand the bike up, and push down on the stand arm.
It's pretty easy once you get it down.

I put a block of wood under the kickstand to hold the bike up almost vertically. On a Gen I there's a grab bar beside the rear seat in the rear cowling. Grab it with your left hand and the stand in your right and up she goes.
To lower the bike just turn the bars to the left and make sure the kickstand is down. The bike will naturally want to lean left. I have removed the stand without even hanging on to the bike.

+1
That's my method too. I take the hump off and use the brace to steady everything up and down. Put the kick stand down (no board for the way down), flip the stand up and an easy pull will set it right down on the kick stand. I also put the bike in gear and roll the slack out of the driveline before taking it off the stand of course.
Front stand, just make sure to put a towel across your front fender so as not to risk any scratches from the stand.

If absolutely no need to do it solo, I have my wife and/or daughters help

the handle of the stand is in the center on mine, to reach the floor, your standing behind the bike, yes if you have the bike perfectly balanced holding on by the rear grab handle, everything "could" go fine, but being back there if it tips just a little, I am sure I will lose it and break something when she is laying on the garage floor on her side looking up at me and saying"why did you do that" , dumb s**t!???

+2 has never failed me yet.

the handle of the stand is in the center on mine, to reach the floor, your standing behind the bike, yes if you have the bike perfectly balanced holding on by the rear grab handle, everything "could" go fine, but being back there if it tips just a little, I am sure I will lose it and break something when she is laying on the garage floor on her side looking up at me and saying"why did you do that" , dumb s**t!???

If your not comfortable doing it, dont. Not worth the risk. But, Its not to bad, its pretty easy to move the bike from the side stand to vertical and keep it there. Once she gets passed the balance point, she'll get real heavy and fall. Maybe have a spotter with ya the first few times till ya get used to it.

I hold the bike up with the right hand get the stand ready with the left and poof the bike it up. Some people use the grab bar(if installed), or remove the hump/seat to grab the lock bar to hold the bike up.

Only part that gives me the heebies is when I put it back down on the kickstand always have the worst run through my mind. Just be sure to double check before taking it down.

Lav is correct in all the methods he posted above! And yes, I feel the same way to0 when I put her down off the rear stand!:please:

piece of cake, have done it numerous times and not come close to dropping it once with my pitbull stands. My method-standing on right side of the bike, lean the bike into my leg with the muffler resting against my calf until vertical, slip the stand under the rear spools, apply a little downward force on the stand, move to the rear handle of the stand and voila!! she's up in the air. I always pull the bike vertically from the right side, so if i lose balance and it falls to the opposite side it will fall onto the kickstand. If i have the grabrail installed i normally use that to hold/pull it vertically. If not, i normally just wrap my hand around the base of the seat. Just don't do like i did once, remove the rear stand not realizing it was still on the front stand. No harm done, but had to yell for the wife to hold the bike bc i was worried the front stand would flip out from under the bike not having the rear stand supporting it. Man that was a long post:laugh:

Great advice having someone help u do it the first few times until u get the hang of it. Obviously, check to make sure your kickstand is 100% down before lowering off the stand. Never heard of anyone dropping it bc they lowered it off the stand, leaned it over to the kickstand but it wasn't there! But it would be very easy to do if in a hurry and not paying attention

Back