Got rearend tonight on my bike!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks god I wasnt on the busa!:please: The tail section and subframe would of been totaled! I was on the 09 1k testing my new Q2's on the way to Karen's house. I got stuck in stop and go traffic. The SUV in front of me stopped quickly and then pulled up and stopped quickly due to traffic in front. So I kept 3 to 4 bikes lengths of room. After the third stop and go.... I noticed quickly that the car behind was closing to quickly... I started to move to get clear from being run over (what little room I had to go to right side of the road to clear the SUV in front of me!)..... I was hoping she would apply the brakes, but didnt until she was on top of me! The right side of her bumper caught my tire first and dragged the tail section down and the engine down in rpm. I pulled in the clutch and got my rear out of the seat to bail if I felt it I was about to go down. Well the only damage to my bike was a bent up corner to my plate. Nothing to the tire... Nothing to the tail section.... Her car's headlight, bumper, and grill are damaged. I am so lucky to have reacted to her not slowing and riding the 1k tonight! If I was on the busa.... the tail section and subframe would of been damaged and probably would have gone down! I have gotten home and checked the bike over after getting an accident report filled out. She was polite enough to pull over to if I was ok and called the police. I recommend we get off the road , due to the danger of getting hit etc. Before they got there we talked about what happened. She turn away for a moment and she said I was just there stopped. I told her traffic was bad and I was heading to the right side of the road to get away from her, once I realized she wasnt stopping! We exchanged numbers and I have now looked the bike over completely and at the moment she is very lucky that I am ok:please:, and nothing appears to be broken or damaged!:please:
I am so lucky.... this happened an hour ago at 7:50pm est. :please::please:

Last edited:
WOW, thats freaky. Maybe take a good ride on the bike and make sure she doesnt wobble or anything. Glad your okay AND chose the right bike to hit while riding.

Tim from the pic you sent me I thought worse but after reading this I'm glad your ok .
It's not often a biker gets hit from behind and is basically ok .
Your lucky to have not been looking at a spinning driveshaft and undercarriage as it drove over you like me !
Are you sure your back or neck aren't hurt :laugh:

Oh man, I am just very glad you are ok. That could have been bad.

I'm glad you were looking at what was going on behind you and were able to take action to get as far out of the way as you could. Hope everyone will take this as a reminder to ALWAYS keep your bike in gear when at a stop, check the mirrors for what is going on behind you, and have an escape route in mind if you need it. My son almost got rearended on the interstate a couple of months ago, and was able to get out of the way and stay out of the wreck. Sorry about the damage to your bike, but I'm so glad you were not hurt.

Not any fun when that happens, so glad you are okay Tim!

WOW, thats freaky. Maybe take a good ride on the bike and make sure she doesnt wobble or anything. Glad your okay AND chose the right bike to hit while riding.

Put 30 miles on it. Rode to Karens house the long way round. The Highway for the fewest lights. Got cut off 3 times.... All being on cell phones! But the bike seems ok! I did call the young 19 year old girl to let her know all seems well for now. Told her I am not trying to take advantage of her in this case. But if I have a problem Ill call her back and go from there!

Last edited:
Another woman driver, eh? "Oh, I didn't see you..." Yeah, because you didn't LOOK!

I've been rear-ended on my Busa, but all that happened was the (woman, of course) driver ran into the back of my LH side Yoshi, scratching the hell out of her car and disintegrating her headlight/indicator. No damage to my bike.

Way to go on head's up riding Tim! Not sure I would have been doing same but need to remember what's behind me IS important!

Tim,
Glad to hear that you are okay!

Whew!!! Too close for comfort...glad you escaped without anything more than a pulsating muscle on your posterior....:whistle:

Whew!!! Too close for comfort...glad you escaped without anything more than a pulsating muscle on your posterior....:whistle:

:rofl: Good one! Rode it to work from Karen's this morning. Looked it over once more in the garage and when I got to work. Everything seems to be fine for now. 60 miles on it since the rear end tagging! Very Thankful for the both of us!:please: Most of us it seems lately are not as lucky.....:banghead: Becareful out there! Ride safe!:rulez::bowdown:

Last edited:
Dang bro....glad you're ok brutha...mine got damaged to day...guess Ill go start my OWN thread..:poke:???

Glad you're alright, Tim! Good job on the situational awareness and quick reaction. :thumbsup:

Back